Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > TAP-A-DRAFT: first impression...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #241
casey914
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

thanks, appreciate the help!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2011, 12:39 AM   #242
schmaltzy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sengsational
If I get "too many" I would do it, but based on what I've seen so far, I doubt there's going to be many left. In fact, local folks are coming out of the woodwork here, interested in these units. I'm actually glad for the interest because if we get enough of us (locals) using these, we can pool our funds for a large buy of cartridges to get the unit cost down.
Sounds good. Just PM me if you ever get one or a couple spare, let me know how much, and I'll take care of the shipping as well.

Old 02-25-2011, 01:53 PM   #243
mewithstewpid
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 201 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Anyone use the nitrous carts? I am using them now, and with my naturally carbed stout the TAD is still rock hard after i used only 1 n20 cart in the begginging and i only have 1/3 left in the bottle.

Old 02-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #244
bstacy1974
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewithstewpid View Post
Anyone use the nitrous carts? I am using them now, and with my naturally carbed stout the TAD is still rock hard after i used only 1 n20 cart in the begginging and i only have 1/3 left in the bottle.
Same question was asked back in this thread. I asked in a separate thread, because I didn't do a search.
Yes, the nitrous works. I would guess your stout was pretty well carbed before the nitrous, so not much of the gas is dissolving into the beer.
I made a mild that wasn't carbed very highly. Tapped my bottled on Wed night with one cartridge. Put two more in last night. Can't find a leak anywhere. I think its all going into the beer.

Old 03-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #245
bstacy1974
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Anyone know the dimensions of the dispensing tube for the TAD?

Old 03-09-2011, 10:48 PM   #246
sengsational
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstacy1974 View Post
Anyone know the dimensions of the dispensing tube for the TAD?
Looks like about 10 inches for both MHD and TAD:

Old 03-15-2011, 10:37 AM   #247
schia
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

guys, I have a tap a draft at home and its holding my wheat beer. Question for the general population and the scenario is, on Friday I plugged in an 8mm CO2 and only had a pint. Left it back in the fridge over the weekend and come Monday I pull the tap again and very little beer came out from it. I absolutely ensured the tap was screwed on very tightly but will it still allow gas to escape? Does this happen to you as well?

Old 03-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #248
mewithstewpid
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 201 Times on 130 Posts
Likes Given: 160

is the bottle itself still hard, or is it squishy?

Old 03-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #249
sengsational
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schia View Post
..Left it back in the fridge over the weekend and come Monday I pull the tap again and very little beer came out from it.
It would seem to me that if there were a leak around where the tap went onto the bottle, you'd have a puddle of beer in your fridge. So it must be where the CO2 cartridge makes contact with the embedded regulator, or between the regulator and the 'tank'. It could also be that the CO2 cartridge you used didn't really contain 8gm (factory defect?). I'd try it again, maybe put a little pad of something in the bottom of the cartridge holder to raise it up a little bit (so you don't have to turn it quite as many turns to get it to fully engage). It goes without saying you need to crank down on that thing pretty hard so the gas doesn't escape.

--Dale--

Old 03-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #250
sengsational
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by schia View Post
...come Monday I pull the tap again and very little beer came out from it.
Another possibility that I should have mentioned...I've never only left one cartridge installed. Even if I knew the other one was empty, I left it installed. Did you have no cartridge on the other side? If so, I wouldn't do that. Since there's no guarantee the two sides don't interact, if I only wanted one active cartridge, I'd go with an empty one in the other slot.

One final thing, probably not the case, but the CO2 might have gone into your beer. If your beer was completely flat, the CO2 might have dissolved into the liquid. I'm thinking that the relatively low 'delivery pressure' of the TAD probably wouldn't push 8 gm into the beer over those 2 days, so that's probably not it. But if the other slot was open, that would be my guess. And there's an easy fix for that!

--Dale--

Quick Reply