Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Switching from bottling to kegging

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Airstreamer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Switching from bottling to kegging

Can someone point me to a good article or book on the basics of kegging home brew? I've been home brewing for about 18 months and have only bottled. Thinking about picking up a used kegerator on Craigslist but have no idea how to keg. Thanks.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I actually started with youtube videos. Craigtube, our own Bobby_m and Northern Brewer all have great and very helpful videos on how to keg. I found those more help than anything written.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

passedpawn Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #3
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3468 Times on 2147 Posts
Likes Given: 2981

Look at the HBT stickies. Loads in there:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/stic...ng-faqs-43347/

Revvy Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Yep, the stickeys were my second thing I dove into when I started to generate a list of what I'd need and what I needed to do, but I found reading it dry it was easy to get lost in, but having watched the videos helped me have a better understanding of the concepts.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply