Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Summit Kegerator SBC-500B

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
MrSmug
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Summit Kegerator SBC-500B

Anyone have this model? Reviews, recommendations? Is it worth the extra money over say a Danby or Haier?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
MNRon
Recipes 

Almost purchased that one 2wks ago...but after I talked myself up to spending the extra for the Summit, I continued talking and ended up with a Beverage Air

Old 12-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
MrSmug
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNRon View Post
Almost purchased that one 2wks ago...but after I talked myself up to spending the extra for the Summit, I continued talking and ended up with a Beverage Air
Those are nice but now we are talking double the price of the mentioned Summit. I don't need anything commercial grad. It's just going be in my garage and taken out occasionally for partys in our backyard.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
lejohnnyc
Recipes 

I think I'm going with this model. I was originally going to go with a better-priced Haier, but there is a lot of information on the internets over the course of 6+ years about how they can't get the beer below 40 degrees, and the extremely poor customer service.

Edit: Re the Haier, I mean below 40 degrees without extra parts and modifications like fans and temp. sensors. Seems better to just go with the Summit and forego the hassle.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
MrSmug
Recipes 

Where did you purchase and for how much?

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #6
twalte
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I can only speak to the Danby that we had purchased at Sams Club. I had one installed in my BBQ island almost 5 years ago, and it is still going strong. Considering the low cost and the fact that it has to deal with 100+ degree summers, I have been very pleased with that unit.

I expected to be replacing the cooling unit by now, but still going strong.

My only regret is not having a fan to blow cool air into the tower. Working on a solution, but first pours tend to be a little foamy.

Quick Reply