The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Stuck co2 problem

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
soccerbigt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Stuck co2 problem

This weekend i started Force carbing my first 2 kegs of beer. i used the method 35 psi,35 hours, 35 degrees.

Everything was going food for the first 24 hours approximately, and then i went back at the 35 hour mark and the co2 tank was empty. I'm assuming there is a slow leak somewhere as the tank was fairly full. This is the first time i have ever used the tank.

I was wondering what i should do from here?? Obviously refill the tank and use some soapy water to check for leaks. But as for carbing should i put down to 10psi and see how carbed the beer is? I havnt released any pressure from the kegs so there still at 35 psi.

Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #2
mbird
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

The other possibility is that the co2 has leaked from the keg. I would check the pressure on the keg just in case.
mark
Beer Diary...

Old 02-09-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
soccerbigt
Recipes 

I dont think its from the keg because when i first racked the beer from the primary to the keg i blasted it a couple of times with 20psi just to seal it up and everythign and let it sit for another week and then i realesed the pressure when it came time to force carbing and i could here the pressure coming out..
I also thought it might be that but i think thats a good sign it isnt.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
madewithchicken
Recipes 

How big of a tank was it? If it was a 2.5 pound bottle or a bottle that was partly filled it may not be a leak. It may just be over-carbed.

But most likely you have at least a 5 pound tank and it is a leak.

I probably will not be around much anymore. I had to close my restaurant and get a real job so i do not have the time to hang out online all day.

Check out my videos on my profile or at:

1920fairfax.com Just voted the worst show on the internet.

Old 02-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 124 Posts

Quote:
But as for carbing should i put down to 10psi and see how carbed the beer is?
Right idea, but release the pressure first to eliminate the possibility of beer backing up into the regulator.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Quick Reply