Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sterilized, Clean, and Ready To bottle beer bottles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2006, 02:59 AM   #11
usmcruz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHammer16
There has got to be a better way for you to obtain bottles. Local bars? Local drinkers? How about kegging, or is that not a viable alternative? What do you do in Guam, besides sweat and try not to get malaria?
Yeah but beer already bottled commercially is sterilized. I have a keg, but I like to bottle and have a few every once in a while. I only keg for party's. Im a Marine, Its 86 degrees all year long, and I eat malaria for breakfast!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2006, 04:04 AM   #12
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcruz
Do you have carbonation problems with twist off's some times? leaks?
Since 1992 (1st year brewing), not one problem.

My cappers cap really tight, I'm guessing some bench cappers cap tighter than others. It's hard to get the twistoff's off by hand.

I may not be an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express........ 6 months ago.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 01-04-2006, 06:58 AM   #13
usmcruz
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny's Brew
Since 1992 (1st year brewing), not one problem.

My cappers cap really tight, I'm guessing some bench cappers cap tighter than others. It's hard to get the twistoff's off by hand.

I just poured some soda in a beer bottle with a twist off (miller light) and pressure tested it and it held. I soaped the sides and no co2 leak. I capped it with that red plastic hand capper that came originally with my beer kit from back in the days. I ordered the colonna bench capper a week ago, and it should be here soon. Does the colonna bench capper do a better job than my plastic hand capper at capping twist off's?

I also bought 2 cases totalling $39.10 of samuel adams boston lager for bottling my pumpkin beer. I figure that the bottles are already sanitized, clean, and all i would have to do is pop the caps, pour out the beer, rinse and bottle my beer. Pretty easy huh. I wish bottles already came ready to bottle. I know i could of ordered 2 cases of bottles but that would of cost me about $28 plus shipping here to guam, but for $39 there ready to go, no cleaning or sanitizing and saving me about 2 hours on bottling day. Id say thats quite a deal. Tell me what you guys think

Old 01-07-2006, 11:52 PM   #14
Sterling
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcruz
I just poured some soda in a beer bottle with a twist off (miller light) and pressure tested it and it held. I soaped the sides and no co2 leak. I capped it with that red plastic hand capper that came originally with my beer kit from back in the days. I ordered the colonna bench capper a week ago, and it should be here soon. Does the colonna bench capper do a better job than my plastic hand capper at capping twist off's?

I also bought 2 cases totalling $39.10 of samuel adams boston lager for bottling my pumpkin beer. I figure that the bottles are already sanitized, clean, and all i would have to do is pop the caps, pour out the beer, rinse and bottle my beer. Pretty easy huh. I wish bottles already came ready to bottle. I know i could of ordered 2 cases of bottles but that would of cost me about $28 plus shipping here to guam, but for $39 there ready to go, no cleaning or sanitizing and saving me about 2 hours on bottling day. Id say thats quite a deal. Tell me what you guys think
i think your crazy to waste all that beer when you going to have to sanatize them anyway...but thats just my opinion...

Old 01-24-2006, 11:36 AM   #15
Spoonta
Recipes 

I use coppers bottles (twist tops) never had a prob

Primary
blonde ale & Belgium Ale
Secondary #1
Empty
Bottled
Corona & Coopers Ginger beer