Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > stainless vs brass

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2008, 08:25 PM   #1
Movinfr8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default stainless vs brass

just got 4 brass/chrome taps on e-bay for 20 bux. are the stainless really that much better? I wanted ventmatics, but at 50 bucks plus for a complete tap, shank, etc, I just have to try to piece something together a little easier on the pocketbook. I suppose I should squirt a little water or sanitizer in the outlet when I'm not pouring for a while to help with sticking, any other tips?
tia,
Norm

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2008, 01:22 AM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 967 Times on 647 Posts
Likes Given: 28

The forward sealing part is what we're after and they don't come in any other metal than stainless. If you ever wait two days between pours, you will be upgrading quickly.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 01-13-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
Movinfr8
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

uh,oh. that's what I kinda thought, and now seeing one of the standard taps with all the parts exposed that can get sticky I realize just how easy it is to stick. I regularly go quite a while between pours for some beers. will it help to squirt water in from the front?
also what happens when they stick? it doesn't break parts to heave on it does it?

Quick Reply