Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Someone needs to open a CO2 supply on/near the upper east side in NYC

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
Sixmilecross
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Someone needs to open a CO2 supply on/near the upper east side in NYC

Just took the plunge and ordered all my supplies to begin kegging. Chest freezer is on its way and hoping to build a collar this weekend. While shopping for supplies, I figured might as well try and track down a place nearby to fill my co2 tank. Mckinley Welding and Able Fire both fill, but only open during weekdays and I can't leave work to have a co2 tank filled. I'm waiting to hear back if Bitter and Esters in Brooklyn really do fill tanks but they are an hour's subway ride away. I guess a 2 hour subway trip is better than nothing, but how are there no other suppliers in Manhattan?

"...who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2013, 02:39 AM   #2
JRems
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Look for a fire extinguisher service company. They are all over the city and will fill co2 tanks.

Old 11-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #3
neo71665
Recipes 

Liked 74 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Fire extinguisher shops and/or paintball shops both commonly fill co2 tanks.

Old 11-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
Sixmilecross
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I did find 3 more fire extinguisher places, but 2 don't fill/exchange and the 3rd want $38 for an exchange - which is ridiculous. There is also an indoor paintball place in LI City but they don't fill/exchange co2. For the time being, it looks like I'll be heading to Mckinney's around 6:30am before work, assuming my tank comes Monday. They are by far the cheapest at $18, but it sucks that no one else is open on the weekends and close by. Bitter and Esters are open on weekends, but will exchange the tank for $28. Don't think I will be going there given that price/commute time unless the tank arrives earlier than expected and I can't wait for a weekday to fill it (which is what will likely happen)

Time to find a new place to live

"...who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
Stealthcruiser Likes This 

Quick Reply