New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > solution for capping euro neck bottles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2005, 07:45 AM   #11
kenmc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I regularly cap both styles of bottle lip as posted by mrzud a few posts up. I thought that my capper wouldn't cap the ones on the right, but it does. I prefer the ones on the left though as they're slightly easier to cap.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2005, 08:09 AM   #12
80/-
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Edit: I read over the other thread currently discussing this topic and someone pointed out that the metal part that forms the ring that grips the neck is reversible.. I'll be damned if he isn't correct. BTW mine is reddish orange just like the one in the pic posted in the other thread. However, the other side appears to be 29 mm.. larger than the 26 mm size that slips over the neck of my bottles... neat though. Now if I can just figure out how to change the plates around...

Of course he's correct - he's a damn sound bloke !

You can either use a pair of pliers to pull the plates out or use a flat headed screwdriver to push them out from the other side.

The trick with capping the bottles with the smaller lip is to exert pressure to force the wings of the capper into the bottleneck and then once it has grabbed it, force the wings down to push the cap on.

It took me a bit of practice but once I'd sussed it out the method seems to work quite well.

HTH

80/-

In Secondary:
Bock Bier

On tap
Burton Bridge Summer Ale

In Bottles:
Darth's Imperial Stout
Belgian Grand Cru
Belgian Trippel
Belgian Abbey
Raspbeery Wheat