Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > So crazy, will it work. (Keg transfer)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM   #1
akegs
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default So crazy, will it work. (Keg transfer)

Hey guys so I have a problem. I just got a new kegerator for christmas! The problem is I don't have any homebrew to put in it. So what I was thinking of doing was trying to fill it with commercial beer. I would love to have it set up for the college football playoffs (go bucks) and new years eve. I don't have the equipment to hook up a sanke tap to my stuff so what I was thinking of doing was renting a commercial keg and tap, tapping the beer to my ball lock keg and then serving it in the kegerator from there. This is my first time playing with force carbing so I was wondering if anyone has tried anything like this before or knows if I will run into some major problems. I just don't wanna go for it and waste 5 gallons of beer. Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4959 Times on 3590 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

No, you'd oxidize the beer by dispensing it into the corney keg. But you could easily get a sanke set up that you can use with commercial kegs, and switch back and forth from corney kegs to sankes. I think I paid $20 for one a while back, and my friend 'borrowed it' and I no longer have it. Hopefully I can borrow it back sometime, when I want to use a commercial keg.

Otherwise, you'd need something like this to dispense commercial kegs in your homebrew set up: http://www.kegconnection.com/d-sanke...all-stainless/

Find me on facebook: Lorena Evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply