New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Slow leak in Beer side Ball lock Connector

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
starrfish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default Slow leak in Beer side Ball lock Connector

Found a slow leak in a black beer side ball lock connector, leak seems to be coming from top of connector. anyone experience this?

I've ordered a replacement,... everything on the post looked fine. I did have it not flow right at first, reseated and it flowed fine. after the weekend I discovered a few ounces of beer in bottom of kegerator. Didn't see any cracks or anything out of the ordinary. Since disconnecting connector, leak has stopped.

If any one has fixed a problem on a connector like this it would be great to have a spare coupler with the screw in connection, other wise she's getting tossed when new two come in. I ordered a spare this time)

“Son, you are a walking violation of the laws of nature, but you’re lucky, we don't enforce them laws.”

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2011, 06:38 PM   #2
P-J
Recipes 

Liked 234 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 398

There is a thin gasket seal between the top screw in plug and the disconnect body. Sounds like that gasket is missing.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #3
Misplaced_Canuck
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 96 Posts

You may already know this... There's a slot on top of most connectors. Tighten it down slightly and see if it helps.

M_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebstauffer
Needless to say after more than a few drams my mental efficiency matched my mashing efficiency.

Old 03-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
starrfish

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts

disconnect worked fine with a previous keg. this is a recent event. I'll try to tighten it when I get home, or if that doesn't look for a new gasket or steal one from barbed connector.

Thanks broke down my kegs to see how they go back together, didn't think to do the connectors! thanks!

“Son, you are a walking violation of the laws of nature, but you’re lucky, we don't enforce them laws.”

Quick Reply