Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sizing your Chest Freezer for Corny Kegs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2012, 01:05 PM   #631
barrooze
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 99 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BeerSpeer View Post
I've searched this thread and can't find the 19.8 cu ft Kenmore Elite I just bought....does anyone have 1 that can give me any info on it?
What sort of info are you looking for? If you're wondering how many kegs you can fit in it, put out some cardboard circles and test it out! You own one, right? Post your findings (and pictures) so others can use that info!
Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Texas Brown Ale (A.K.A. The Creature) Primary: Nothing Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Oktoberfest (ECY15) On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/05/05
Untappd: barrooze

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 01:58 PM   #632
2BeerSpeer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I just bought it from a guy local but won't pick it up until after thanksgiving and was curious if anyone had already converted one....will post pics soon

Keg #1 --- Barrel Aged Burnt Whiskers
Keg #2 --- WAGZ IIPA
Keg #3 --- Dickens Cider
Keg #4 --- Barrel Aged Burnt Whiskers- Nitro
Keg #5 --- Highland Brewing Co. Cold Mtn. Winter Ale .....1/6th barrel
Keg #6 --- DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus .....1/6th barrel

Old 11-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #633
barrooze
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BeerSpeer View Post
I just bought it from a guy local but won't pick it up until after thanksgiving and was curious if anyone had already converted one....will post pics soon
Gotcha. Well, with almost 20 cubic feet, it's safe to say you can fit many kegs in it. Looking at the first page, people with ~15 cu.ft. freezers can fit 8-9 ball locks. Since your freezer is ~33% larger, you'll be able to fit MANY kegs!
Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Texas Brown Ale (A.K.A. The Creature) Primary: Nothing Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Oktoberfest (ECY15) On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/05/05

Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 AM   #634
weeple2000
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

So I am thinking that the GE at Home Depot is a good buy. I was recently given 2 corny kegs, and I was thinking it would be nice to have 2 guest taps. It seems that I have more consumption than time to brew as of late. I contacted some brew pubs and brewers, and it seems that some do 1/6 barrels. My question is, will the 7.0 cu ft ge at home depot fit 2 corny kegs and 2 1/6 barrels? I may wind up going and measuring, but if it would save me a trip to the store I thought I'd post.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #635
D_Nyholm
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Not sure what size 1/6 barrels are, but I actually bring my cornies to local breweries and then will normally fill them up for you. Last time I got a nice oatmeal stout for $60 for 5 gallons. They just have a coupler that goes from a sanke connection to ball lock and transfer from a keg into the corny. Works well when my brewing can't keep up with my drinking!

Old 12-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #636
nasty_rabbit
Recipes 

Liked 92 Times on 62 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
Not sure what size 1/6 barrels are, but I actually bring my cornies to local breweries and then will normally fill them up for you. Last time I got a nice oatmeal stout for $60 for 5 gallons. They just have a coupler that goes from a sanke connection to ball lock and transfer from a keg into the corny. Works well when my brewing can't keep up with my drinking!
In Georgia we have third party sales laws that make that impossible. Beer must be purchased through a third party (distributer, liquor store, grocery or connivence store). It sucks because I am less than 10 miles from the Terrapin brewery.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #637
barrooze
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Nyholm View Post
Must be nice living in a state that allows that...

Old 12-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #638
D_Nyholm
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Ouch. That really does suck! So I guess new York is good for something? Nice!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #639
okcnyyfan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by weeple2000 View Post
So I am thinking that the GE at Home Depot is a good buy. I was recently given 2 corny kegs, and I was thinking it would be nice to have 2 guest taps. It seems that I have more consumption than time to brew as of late. I contacted some brew pubs and brewers, and it seems that some do 1/6 barrels. My question is, will the 7.0 cu ft ge at home depot fit 2 corny kegs and 2 1/6 barrels? I may wind up going and measuring, but if it would save me a trip to the store I thought I'd post.
I just picked up the GE a couple of weeks ago. It should be plenty big enough if you put the CO2 on the hump. I put my CO2 on the hump and had to turn the gauges a little to get the lid to close until I can get my collar built.

Damn Yankee Brewery

Old 12-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #640
thadius856
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 533 Times on 245 Posts
Likes Given: 155

Awesome thread. Joined just to say thanks. Scheming for a some-day keezer build.

Also, noticed the Holiday 5 cu ft is on sale at Lowe's for $169. Grab a mover's coupon from the Post Office (10% off) or Military ID and it's $152. Looks to be the same one from the first page. Edit: Not the same one from the front page... this is the one that only holds 2 Cornys.

Quick Reply