Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sizing your Chest Freezer for Corny Kegs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 05:22 PM   #481
BoundForBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisendrath View Post
when you buy something this size online they ship it to the store for you to pickup.
I believe if you buy it online they will deliver it to your door (even bring it in for you). I wanted to get it in Delaware (home of tax free shopping) thats why I questioned if it was in store. Called and they told me they would have to order it. Still think im goin to pull the trigger on this one for a lagering fridge.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #482
overdbus
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I finally got one, the 7 cu ft GE from wally world ,they
had them for $158.99 for black Friday. It was the only
reason to go out yesterday.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #483
OatStraw
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Ordered the GE 7.0 from HomeDepot when they dropped the price down to match Wal-Mart. Can't wait, should be here next week! Hopefully it isn't tooo tight of a fit to get 4 in.

Now just to start on my keezer build, going to do a full cabinet with coffin on top. Anyone know of a good thread that has a complete materials list? And what's the best place online to get all the supplies.

Old 12-14-2011, 05:00 PM   #484
Hentai
Recipes 

So sad I missed the Maytag 14.8 for $299 at home depot, it is still $359, not bad.
I have been through 2 donated ones so far, not going the used, donated, c-list route. I want something new.
Are there any good deals now?

Old 12-17-2011, 08:15 PM   #485
Lazy8s
Recipes 

Where do you guys ferment if you only have kegs in the keezer? My 25y.o. GE went out and I can't find another 7 cu.ft. that can fit 2 corny keys and a 6 1/2gal carboy.

Old 12-17-2011, 09:03 PM   #486
barrooze
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 112 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Where do you guys ferment if you only have kegs in the keezer? My 25y.o. GE went out and I can't find another 7 cu.ft. that can fit 2 corny keys and a 6 1/2gal carboy.
I've got a separate fermentation chamber since my keezer is kept at 36F. WAY too cold for a regular fermentation, and I didn't want to use a fermwrap at the time.

I don't know if you can find it anymore, but the Magic Chef 7.2 CuFt could fit a 6.5gal carboy and two ball lock kegs on the hump if you added a collar. Mine has a 2x8 collar and could theoretically hold 6 ball locks. I've got four pin locks and 1 ball lock pretty comfortably in mine.
Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (Belle Saison), Festbier (ECY15), BOSON Prime (Brett Oaked saiSON), Night Howl Pumpkin Ale Primary: None Souring: Sour Brown (ECY01), BOSON on Rhubarb On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Zombie Dust clone Updated: 2014/11/18
Untappd: barrooze

Old 12-19-2011, 06:44 PM   #487
BoundForBeer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
I use mine for lagering in keg...im suprised you had one that could fit all those in it.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:31 PM   #488
das_mikey
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OatStraw View Post
Ordered the GE 7.0 from HomeDepot when they dropped the price down to match Wal-Mart. Can't wait, should be here next week! Hopefully it isn't tooo tight of a fit to get 4 in. .
One question. Do the corny kegs fit without a collar?

On the first page of this thread, it shows the height of the keg as 23", but the specs on the freezer show a depth of 22". Most of the freezers seem to show a 22" depth. Am I missing something?

Old 12-27-2011, 07:42 PM   #489
copyright1997
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_mikey

One question. Do the corny kegs fit without a collar?

On the first page of this thread, it shows the height of the keg as 23", but the specs on the freezer show a depth of 22". Most of the freezers seem to show a 22" depth. Am I missing something?
22" depth is front to back (external). You can fit (very tight squeeze) 4 ball lock kegs with qd's attached. They are close to the lid but ok. You will need to do a collar if you want to put a fifth keg on the compressor hump.

Last n brews: (P=Primary) (K=Keg) (B=Keg->Bottle)
7/26: Flower Power(P) 6/13: Rolling Rock (K), 6/09: Yooper's Pale Ale (K), 5/27: Columbus IPA (K), 5/17: Victory Hop Devil (K), 5/15: Summit MO SMASH (K), 5/12: Sierra Nevada Celebration (K), 5/03: Schwartzbeir (B) 4/10: Birch Beer (Soda) (K), 3/31: Sierra Nevada Pale Ale (B), 3/25: Belgian Ale (SWMBO slayer) (B), 3/21: mrbowenz English IPA (B), 3/17: Mirror Pond Ale (K), 3/17: Blue Moon's "Old Country Cousin" (B), 3/15: Sculpin IPA (B),

Old 12-28-2011, 01:17 PM   #490
das_mikey
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by copyright1997 View Post
22" depth is front to back (external). You can fit (very tight squeeze) 4 ball lock kegs with qd's attached. They are close to the lid but ok. You will need to do a collar if you want to put a fifth keg on the compressor hump.
Thank you.

Quick Reply