Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sierra Nevada Anniversary/Estate 25 oz Bottles - CAPPABLE!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 04:33 AM   #1
alexdagrate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Sierra Nevada Anniversary/Estate 25 oz Bottles - CAPPABLE!

I picked up some bottles of Sierra Nevada's Estate Wet Hop and Anniversary ales for a big beer weekend. It wasn't until after popping the cork on the Black Barleywine and set the bottle next to the now-empty Estate Ale that I realized that the bottle for the Estate Ale (which is capped) and the bottle for the Anniversary Ale (which is corked) are in fact the same bottles!

These are fantastic bottles for homebrewers since they are extra-large bottles that are distinctive and cappable!

If you have any SN 25 oz bottles, definitely save them and either use them or give them to homebrewers who bottle. If you have an "in" with any bottleshops or folks who have bought these bottles, try and snag them for bottling homebrewers!

Are there any other beers out there which are normally corked which could also be capped?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2010, 11:24 PM   #2
khugs21
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

yep i just corked one and capped the other last weekend I was surprised as well.

Old 11-19-2010, 12:58 AM   #3
HSM
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Not beers, American Sparkling wine. I've never met a bottle that wouldn't take a standard bottle cap. I've saved at least 50 of them over the years, but due to kegs don't use them much.

One note, you have to use a bench capper, the Red Baron style capper wont work.

"Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis."
www.TheFreeSpeak.com

Old 11-19-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
alexdagrate
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I was able to cap my SN 750 mL bottles using my emily capper, no problems!

I also appreciate that these are 750 mL bottles with BROWN glass instead of the green glass usually used with most wine bottles.

Quick Reply