Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still a work in progress but here she is ....

d9261429.jpg

Freezer on top is a red flag. Some you can carefully bend down, others you don't have to worry about (the freezer is just a shelf), and some other others you can't really safely bend the freezer plate down.
I held out for a mini fridge on CL to not have a freezer, it took almost a month of waiting to find it though.

What did you use to make your drip tray attach? i have to do this on my freezer soon... looks awesome!

Thanks! I used adjustable shelving to hook into the freezer collar.
So a lot like this, but i cut out the drip try template from the top nicer piece of wood so they wouldn't slide and so they could be easily removed and cleaned.
I also made sure to screw the two pieces of wood together, to prevent sliding.

Wall-mounting-adjustable-shelving-systems.jpg

Thanks! I used adjustable shelving to hook into the freezer collar.
So a lot like this, but i cut out the drip try template from the top nicer piece of wood so they wouldn't slide and so they could be easily removed and cleaned.
I also made sure to screw the two pieces of wood together, to prevent sliding.

Wall-mounting-adjustable-shelving-systems.jpg

awesome, thanks for the info!

Nothing special but it works and I made it myself. Built it for around $150
Kegerator.jpg

KegeratorInside.jpg

Put Casters on it so I can move it from in my garage to the backyard for bbq
IMAG0188.jpg

here's some pics of mine...freezer was free and ugly, some paint, cheap wood, burnt it with a torch, made a platform for it on casters...now enjoying cold beer:rockin: I already had the faucets from previous lot purchases, eventually i'll have all 7 faucets installed and upgraded to perlicks.

keezer5.jpg

keezer7.jpg

when i dragged it home....it was FREE
keezerunpainted.jpg

Freezer on top is a red flag. Some you can carefully bend down, others you don't have to worry about (the freezer is just a shelf), and some other others you can't really safely bend the freezer plate down.
I held out for a mini fridge on CL to not have a freezer, it took almost a month of waiting to find it though.

+1
I have a mini-fridge not being used anymore in my basement (guess why).

The freezer was a "U"-shaped shelf on top that was screwed to the inner sides of the refrigerator. It had plastic lines, so I assumed that I could unscrew it and bend it down so it was flush with the back wall. I got it bent down to about a 45 degree angle when I heard the dreaded hissing.... now I've been stuck thinking weather to fix it or other uses for it so I don't have to pay a disposal fee...

This is my kegerator. I bought the old (~1953) International Harvester fridge from the local classifieds. It was already turned into a kegerator, but was in pretty bad shape. I decided to restore it. I sanded it, cleaned it, polished the chrome, plugged a hole, primed, painted, and added a clear coat. Although I only have one commercial keg at this time, it fits 2 kegs and the CO2 tank. I just ordered this past weekend a new 2 faucet system from keg connection that will include the Perlick 575ss and the taprite dual regulator.:mug:

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

amazing thread.

I have several ideas for my Keezer.

its going to be in the kitchen/dinning room sitting next to my granite countertop and cabinets.

I like the collar idea so you aren't cutting up the lid, but with SWMBO baby sitting at home and my son being 1 year old he's starting to grab at the drawers and reach the counter tops. I fear wee little ones grabbing at the tap and spilling beer all over the floor. anyway to lock the tap or just disconnecting from the kegs is the only option?

so I think I need to go with a tower setup or coffin style I'll have 4 taps eventually but probably start off with two. my kitchen appliances are stainless and black so im thinking of painting it black and using stainless sheeting for my collar. I have yet to see anyone dress up the collar with stainless sheeting.

-=Jason=-

...I fear wee little ones grabbing at the tap and spilling beer all over the floor. anyway to lock the tap or just disconnecting from the kegs is the only option?... -=Jason=-

Micromatic sells a shut-off valve that can be fitted to sankey couplers to eliminate the need for untapping. They are a little pricy at about $25 dollars a pop, but worth it to prevent a disaster like I nearly had... One of my faucets spontaneously opened (from the weight of the tap handle, I assume). Luckily, I was home to catch it, or a half barrel of beer would have been flowing down the stairs, and through the floor into the lower rooms.

Perlick also makes a keyed lock that fits on the faucet itself. This is an option I may have to consider soon, as I have a teenager coming of age in my house.

Just finished it a few minutes ago, and I don't even have anything ready to put in it yet! Guess I'm going to brew tomorrow. The door is painted with chalkboard paint. The tap handles are actually handles from my fireplace tool set that just happened to fit perfectly, so now there's tap handles on my fireplace tools. Cast iron tap handles actually feel pretty good and weighty.

photo.jpg
[/IMG]

Here's mine.. It's my first of a few... Found this guy who had a bunch in his basement... Just got 2 more..I'm 99% it's a '54 fridge, as I just bought the Nat Geo ad off Ebay.. Anyway, figured 'The Admiral' was worthy of tending over my beer.. ;c) 34 F beer all day long, 2 taps, can fit 2 1/4 kegs easily, or a half of anything, including fat-arse local brews wacky kegs...
I'm sorry, there was NOT Bud Light in there...!!

18356_329330526275_566531275_5389927_3217333_n.jpg

Here are my next two subjects... Muhahaha... ;c)

65473_10150106820476276_566531275_8118163_7816927_n.jpg

33972_10150106820171276_566531275_8118161_3475361_n.jpg

I am half way there. I need to make some shelves on the inside and organize gas lines better.

Drip tray is on order also.

DSC_4294-1.jpg

DSC_4295.jpg

DSC_4296-1.jpg

DSC_4297.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5166/5244559069_b77c2f2172_m.jpg[/IMG

I have room for 6 kegs in here.. It's not too bad, just trying to find something rubber for the bottom..

Micromatic sells a shut-off valve that can be fitted to sankey couplers to eliminate the need for untapping. They are a little pricy at about $25 dollars a pop, but worth it to prevent a disaster like I nearly had... One of my faucets spontaneously opened (from the weight of the tap handle, I assume). Luckily, I was home to catch it, or a half barrel of beer would have been flowing down the stairs, and through the floor into the lower rooms.

Perlick also makes a keyed lock that fits on the faucet itself. This is an option I may have to consider soon, as I have a teenager coming of age in my house.

I don't have to worry about that now as I scored some 3" perlick dual faucet towers from a member here on HBT.

-=Jason=-

not much for now, just a stock magic chef,

im going to put a 2x8 collar on it so i can get a 5th keg on the hump.

its getting painted black and will have a granite tiles for the countertop
I am going to ditch the stock lid and just use a plywood with hardi/backer board to ad-heard the granite to.

this is going to have 2 perlick 2 faucet towers on it giving me room for 4 beers on tap.

SWMBO said why can't it just stay in the garage and I said this is going to be a thing of beauty its going in the kitchen. I won that time ;)

IMG_20101208_170404.jpg

IMG_20101208_170420.jpg

-=Jason=-

Sensibull, I like that one very much. A neat and tidy installation that goes well with kitchen decor. It looks like it belongs there.

what black paint are you guying using to paint the white Keezer black?

also im thinking about attaching my granite to face and sides of the lid instead of having it wood. do ya'll think that would look good?

-=jason=-

Found a beer fridge for cheap. Fixed it a little, cleaned it a little. Had two draft towers, one with two taps and the other with three. I ripped them off and built my own. Five taps for now, up to 11 later. The fridge can fit about 12 cornies and 2 to 3 CO2 tanks. A friend gave me some exotic wood to make the draft tower. I chose African Padauk for the sides, front and back and African Teac (Afromosia) for the top and bottom. Did the box cuts myself with a router (had to make a jig), also did the rabbets for the top and bottom with the router. Varnished 7 times. Love it!

draft-tower1.jpg

draft-tower2.jpg

draft-tower3.jpg

draft-tower4.jpg

Back