Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Show us your Kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #4621
Cpt_Kirks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakiexcharles View Post
you should incorporate a fez and a bow tie for the taps XD
Or a Sonic Screwdriver and a little Dalek.

I'm trying to find a suitable die cast Enterprise to make into a tap handle.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #4622
dulavjo
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

forgot to put the temp probe in the freezer and the beer froze solid. it's under co2 pressure any concerns? should I vent and is the beer no good?

Old 06-26-2013, 12:51 AM   #4623
Raenon
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulavjo View Post
forgot to put the temp probe in the freezer and the beer froze solid. it's under co2 pressure any concerns? should I vent and is the beer no good?
I froze a corney solid while dialing in the thermostat and wedging a keg against the plate... I set it out overnight to warm up, and kept it closed. Then I put it back in kegerator and left it another day off the gas.
You might have to vent it a little later as it could have absorbed more co2 while it dropped to freezing.. But you won't know until later. Don't waste your carbonation now, or you'll be forever dialing it back in.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #4624
New2Brewing3
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by extra_medium View Post
How do you guys using chest freezers solve condensation issues?
Usually condensation comes from air getting through the seal. You can try wiping it down real good with rubbing alcohol or some kind of cleaner and then putting a little oil, like vegetable oil, around where the seal meets.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #4625
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 490 Times on 326 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW66 View Post
Or......it just cannot keep up.
I don't have a collar my CO2 tank and N2 tanks along with regulators are outside. I have a 20 cuft and I have to charge my once every couple of months. (Eva-Dry 500) I have mine in the coffin just above the up fan out of the keezer.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:13 PM   #4626
MW66
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

A lot of these small freezers are not frost free, including mine.

Old 07-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #4627
seph
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 145

$50 craig's list find. It was rusty inside and all scraped up and dirty on the outside. I sanded and painted the inside white and cleaned up the outside and painted it black. Appliance epoxy from Lowe's was what I painted it with. On top is the STC-1000 in a Radio Shack project box. My Keg kit should be here Friday... This One! I have some Apfelwein that will be getting kegged as soon as possible.

0702130522a-compressed.jpg   0702130523-compressed.jpg  

Old 07-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #4628
BreezyBrew
Fully Fermented.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 173 Times on 133 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by seph View Post
$50 craig's list find. It was rusty inside and all scraped up and dirty on the outside. I sanded and painted the inside white and cleaned up the outside and painted it black. Appliance epoxy from Lowe's was what I painted it with. On top is the STC-1000 in a Radio Shack project box. My Keg kit should be here Friday... This One! I have some Apfelwein that will be getting kegged as soon as possible.
Very nice!! What sandpaper did you use, and what was your process?

- 99% Perspiration 1% Beer
- "Take your own experience as the gospel" -Denny

Old 07-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #4629
seph
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 145

I went to Home Cheapo, and bought a sanding block with velcro backed paper. I used 50, 80, 120, and 220 to get the seams smoothed out and the rusty spots knocked down. The seams where the different panels come together was the worst, particularly on the bottom. It was so hard to get a good angle on the bottom seam that I finally gave up and painted it anyway. It will probably rust again in the not-to-distant future, but like I said, it was cheap.

The painting took me a week to do it all. I painted the inside first. I started with the bare metal, and rusty spots first. But since it was the most humid week so far this summer, it took forever to dry. It had hardened enough so a firm touch wouldn't leave a fingerprint, but it was still tacky. I got the inside to a point where it looks good from about six feet up, and I taped off the top to be able to spray the outside.

I ended up using one and a half cans of the black epoxy to do the whole outside. I would do one side at a time, and put down just enough paint to leave a splotchy black and white look. Then I would come back the next day and do a little more. The last day was just coming back and hitting the few spots that I had missed and I was good to go.

The temp controller wasn't bad, and I just hard wired it to the freezer, instead of putting in an outlet like I have seen some do. The ground pin on the freezer plug was broken off, so hard wiring it was an easy to fix the grounding. And I put it all in a 6" x 8" project box from Radio Crack.

Old 07-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #4630
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seph View Post
That's one lonely looking beer.

Quick Reply