Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Show us your Kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #4431
gmcapone
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Might add some metal cornering and a gloss finish, but here you go

Primary 1: Doppelbock
Primary 2: Dubbel (Demaciale)
Bottled/Kegged:Storm Giant IPA, Bananas Foster Ale, Storm Giant IPA, Black IPA (Head Hop IPA), Hefeweizen, Chipotle Ale (Juan More Cerveza)

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #4432
JediSpam
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Very nice capone

Fermenting: Oatmeal Stout

Old 03-27-2013, 01:12 PM   #4433
TheKeg81
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcapone View Post
Digging the game/comic theme. I'm guessing by the name, you lead adventurers to untimely deaths once in a while? What do you have on tap?

Old 03-27-2013, 04:46 PM   #4434
Gumbys_Brew
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmcapone View Post

i would've put link on the door and bat symbol on the side. Stellar looking keezer.
Bottled- empty
Keg 1- Irish Blonde Ale
Keg 2-empty
phschimpf Likes This 
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #4435
gmcapone
Recipes 

Thanks! I'm a huge Batman fan and I got lucky with finding a perfect sized decal for the top. I do love me some Legend of Zelda too though obviously.

On tap right now I got a black IPA right now, a brown porter, Irish Red, and egg nog ale that didn't quite come out how I wanted but still is good. I was dumb and used too much water and it only ended up being like 1.07 OG instead if the 1.10 I wanted. Next time though....

Bottled/Kegged:Storm Giant IPA, Bananas Foster Ale, Storm Giant IPA, Black IPA (Head Hop IPA), Hefeweizen, Chipotle Ale (Juan More Cerveza)

Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #4436
JDGator
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 8

What did you use to attach your drip trays to the freezer? I was thinking self tapping screws 3/4" but didnt want to screw anything up.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:20 PM   #4437
gmcapone
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGator View Post
What did you use to attach your drip trays to the freezer? I was thinking self tapping screws 3/4" but didnt want to screw anything up.
I glued some elbow brackets to the the front and put some velcro on the side so its attached to the kegerator. Keeps them in place but you can take them off to clean if you want to. I haven't tested the weight limit extensively, but it can support a full pint I know.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:15 AM   #4438
phschimpf
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Under counter Danby DAR440 conversion

You can find this conversion elsewhere, but I did it differently because of the under counter application. I think this technique might be helpful to others in the same boat. What you are seeing is a loop of 1/2" copper pipe fed up thru the fridge into the counter top and into the tower. The tap line comes thru a T fitting in the copper pipe. The copper gets cold in the fridge and cools the tower, which comes insulated. It works very well (thanks to my brother for the idea). The advantages are:

1) you only have to drill a 5/8" hole in the fridge and countertop.
2) I think it's easier to line that up with the countertop than a piece of conduit.

I lined everything up by first making the cooling pipe, then marking where the T is in the fridge. Then I simply drilled up from inside the fridge. When I hit the underside of the countertop I removed the fridge before going the rest of the way thru the countertop.

This Danby will actually hold two corny kegs with a CO2 tank in the back on the shelf, but in that case you need to take off the door panel and replace it with flat plexiglass or something because as those pop bottle holder projections poke too far into the fridge to allow the second keg. But if you're happy with just a single keg you only need to remove the racks, and then put your CO2 tank on the right hand side. The door panel projections won't bother that. That's what I do for now. Maybe someday I'll add a second keg.

danbyconversion.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #4439
JMBTempest
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Just finished mine...

Reason: Update broken images.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:22 PM   #4440
Vman
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by phschimpf
You can find this conversion elsewhere, but I did it differently because of the under counter application. I think this technique might be helpful to others in the same boat. What you are seeing is a loop of 1/2" copper pipe fed up thru the fridge into the counter top and into the tower. The tap line comes thru a T fitting in the copper pipe. The copper gets cold in the fridge and cools the tower, which comes insulated. It works very well (thanks to my brother for the idea). The advantages are:

1) you only have to drill a 5/8" hole in the fridge and countertop.
2) I think it's easier to line that up with the countertop than a piece of conduit.

I lined everything up by first making the cooling pipe, then marking where the T is in the fridge. Then I simply drilled up from inside the fridge. When I hit the underside of the countertop I removed the fridge before going the rest of the way thru the countertop.

This Danby will actually hold two corny kegs with a CO2 tank in the back on the shelf, but in that case you need to take off the door panel and replace it with flat plexiglass or something because as those pop bottle holder projections poke too far into the fridge to allow the second keg. But if you're happy with just a single keg you only need to remove the racks, and then put your CO2 tank on the right hand side. The door panel projections won't bother that. That's what I do for now. Maybe someday I'll add a second keg.

Actually, I have this fridge with two kegs in it. All you need to do is cut this shelves off the door. I used a reciprocating saw. They are plastic and filled with insulating foam. It's pretty easy. That gives you the room you need in the fridge.

I installed mine under the counter too. Remember this thing vents out the back. I put a floor register in the counter to allow heat to escape. Make sure it's vented, or the fridge won't last long.

Quick Reply