Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Show us your Kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 06:15 PM   #31
RoaringBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Okay. So, I've recently started to research this a bit more and throw around my options. I know I definitely want two taps, but not sure if I want something as compact as a 5 cu ft. Sanyo 4812 (w/ dual tower, etc.). I have been leaning towards just getting an extra refridgerator unit (between 12-20 cu. ft), tapping it for 2 taps, and using the extra space to store bottles or maybe even lager in an extra corny or something.

So, what are all your thoughts on this package deal from MidWest:
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/produ...px?ProdID=6858

I'd be putting this into a normal fridge w/ freezer on top or into an upright freezer with ranco unit to control the temps above freezing (this does work, correct?). I actually found a nice upright freezer that is 12 cu ft. (nice compromise between 5 for a minifridge and 20 for full size fridge) on craiglist for 30 bucks right near my house. With ranco I'd be looking at $130 for the unit/controller and $300 for this kegging setup from midwest. Would this be a good $430 spent or can I do better for my money?

Thoughts? Concerns? If I just got with a fridge, I obviously save money on the ranco, so I could probably do it for $350ish. $300 for the kegging setup from Midwest + $50 for a used craiglist fridge.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #32
foppa78

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This is Oscar.

No that is not Bud Light on tap.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #33
Todd
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

check www.kegconnection.com for your setup.

also we now have a local craigslist, there is a kegerator for sale in carlisle for $125, I don't have any details other than it will need the co2 tank and reg. I can hook you up with his email addy.

Also there is a boatload of fridge and freezers on there for cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkyBrew
Okay. So, I've recently started to research this a bit more and throw around my options. I know I definitely want two taps, but not sure if I want something as compact as a 5 cu ft. Sanyo 4812 (w/ dual tower, etc.). I have been leaning towards just getting an extra refridgerator unit (between 12-20 cu. ft), tapping it for 2 taps, and using the extra space to store bottles or maybe even lager in an extra corny or something.

So, what are all your thoughts on this package deal from MidWest:
http://www.midwestsupplies.com/produ...px?ProdID=6858

I'd be putting this into a normal fridge w/ freezer on top or into an upright freezer with ranco unit to control the temps above freezing (this does work, correct?). I actually found a nice upright freezer that is 12 cu ft. (nice compromise between 5 for a minifridge and 20 for full size fridge) on craiglist for 30 bucks right near my house. With ranco I'd be looking at $130 for the unit/controller and $300 for this kegging setup from midwest. Would this be a good $430 spent or can I do better for my money?

Thoughts? Concerns? If I just got with a fridge, I obviously save money on the ranco, so I could probably do it for $350ish. $300 for the kegging setup from Midwest + $50 for a used craiglist fridge.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #34
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

You may say that you only want two taps....

You should plan on having as many taps as the fridge will hold. This isn't suggesting that you have to buy them all at once. You should just plan for the expansion... In other words, don't cut any holes that will limit future expansion or invest in a drip tray that only has room for 2 taps.

Also, with a fridge on top, you'll either have to mount your taps very low or go with shorty handles or bracket your door so that opening one will open both doors.

Ask me how to used to drain all 4 kegs at once getting ice out of the freezer.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter
skemp45 Likes This 
Old 05-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #35
RoaringBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
check www.kegconnection.com for your setup.

also we now have a local craigslist, there is a kegerator for sale in carlisle for $125, I don't have any details other than it will need the co2 tank and reg. I can hook you up with his email addy.

Also there is a boatload of fridge and freezers on there for cheap.
Hook a brother up! I've been looking at Harrisburg area craigslist. I saw a beer tap setup for $110 on there, but it was just the CO2, lines, gauges, and a tap. No fridge unit. I may be interested if the $125 kegerator can be converted to two taps. Otherwise, I may have to pass and build my own. I want at least two on tap with the option of adding a third at somepoint?

Thanks for the info though and pass along a link to that kegerator!

Old 05-08-2007, 06:27 PM   #36
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 125 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Short taps: Strange economic phenomena.

The shorter the tap handle, the more likely it is older, rarer and more expensive.

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 05-08-2007, 06:32 PM   #37
Todd
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkkyBrew
Hook a brother up! I've been looking at Harrisburg area craigslist. I saw a beer tap setup for $110 on there, but it was just the CO2, lines, gauges, and a tap. No fridge unit. I may be interested if the $125 kegerator can be converted to two taps. Otherwise, I may have to pass and build my own. I want at least two on tap with the option of adding a third at somepoint?

Thanks for the info though and pass along a link to that kegerator!

Email sent.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:34 PM   #38
RoaringBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Todd,

Thanks for keg connection site. Looks like they have a better deal than Midwest:

Refrigerator Conversion Kit, 2 taps, 2 kegs
Refrigerator Conversion Kit, 2 taps, 2 kegs
SKU:

Refrigerator Conversion Kit, 2 taps and two kegs. Cornelius/Firestone homebrew kegs! Also, easily modified for Sanke (I can help you set up a quick switch system to go from Cornelius to Sanke with a few turns of a swivel nut!) This kit is designed to give you everything you need to dispense your homebrewed beer except for the refrigerator. Very simple to set up, the hoses and pieces are already assembled!!! The Kit Includes: A new 5# CO2 cylinder (empty) 2 gauge CO2 Regulator CO2 Hose set up with connectors, just screw into regulator! Shanks for Refrigerator with line attached. Metal Faucets that screws directly into Shanks. Stainless Steel Drip Tray! ALL HOSES AND FITTINGS FOR CORNELIUS ARE INCLUDED AND ASSEMBLED!!! Cornelius style 5-gallon ball lock keg, cleaned and pressure tested. Everything in this kit is new except the kegs. However, the kegs have been cleaned and inspected in a three-step process. They are rinsed, inspected internally, soaked in a hot PBW solution and then rinsed again and pressurized with CO2. O-rings are greased with food grade lubricant. These kegs are in great shape, but could have dents or scratches. Many have stickers on the outside. I have used these types of kegs extensively for home brewing and I will send you a keg that will work well for home brewing. I have Cornelius and Firestone kegs. I grab the next one in line unless you specify a preference (email us)

All for $279.

As for the email, please forward via PM if possible. I can't get to hotmail at this client unfortunately. Boo...

Old 05-08-2007, 06:51 PM   #39
D2T
Brew Monkey

Recipes 

I really need to get off my butt and get some newer pics of it but:

Up next:
Guiness Clone, ???

Old 05-09-2007, 03:12 AM   #40
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 263 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Here ya go. First shot is with my $3 Lowes table legs which some folks thought looked like a Doc Johnson product.

I then got my custom made handles on there. There is a guy in San Antonio who makes these. He'll burn in any inscription you wish.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

People Like This 

Quick Reply