Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Show us your Kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #3901
cajunrph
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Whew, read them all. Many great ideas. I have about a 15cf chest freezer that will fit 6 cornys without the need for a collar. I'm wanting to do a LSU theme one. Not sure if I should build a coffin, put a collar on it or make one of those PVC bridges for the taps. How well do the PVC bridges work, and would there be a limit to the number of taps one could use on them, as long as the horizontal piece is long enough to accommodate the taps. I've all these ideas swarming in my mind. I also have a Darby Mini fridge at my store that I can jack and make two of them. I have 5 corneys now, all empty.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 05:30 PM   #3902
cajunrph

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Just came up with an idea. Stay tuned for details.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #3903
ArkansasRazorbacks
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I finally got my Perlick 525SS in. Waiting for my stout faucet (and nitro mix tank, and nitro reg) to serve the Norther Brewer Dry Irish Stout I cooked up over the weekend. Back to the Perlick 525SS. OH. MY. GOD. AMAZING the difference between a cheap "kit" faucet and a real faucet. The ONLY foam I got out from a warm pour (warm as in hadn't poured one in quite some time so metal of faucet warmed up) was the foam for the head. A fast, low-foam pour. SO BEAUTIFUL. Gone are the days of a foam cup to have to pour the first only to set aside to begin pouring less-foamy glasses. If you have wondered whether or not a Perlick is worth the money.... YES. IT. IS.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #3904
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1075 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasRazorbacks View Post
I finally got my Perlick 525SS in. Waiting for my stout faucet (and nitro mix tank, and nitro reg) to serve the Norther Brewer Dry Irish Stout I cooked up over the weekend. Back to the Perlick 525SS. OH. MY. GOD. AMAZING the difference between a cheap "kit" faucet and a real faucet. The ONLY foam I got out from a warm pour (warm as in hadn't poured one in quite some time so metal of faucet warmed up) was the foam for the head. A fast, low-foam pour. SO BEAUTIFUL. Gone are the days of a foam cup to have to pour the first only to set aside to begin pouring less-foamy glasses. If you have wondered whether or not a Perlick is worth the money.... YES. IT. IS.
Oh man, you're gonna love those. Great faucets! I'm a little jealous of the creamer faucet, that'll be a nice addition to the Guinness fridge!

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #3905
ArkansasRazorbacks
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
Oh man, you're gonna love those. Great faucets! I'm a little jealous of the creamer faucet, that'll be a nice addition to the Guinness fridge!
I priced a huge 40cf beer gas tank (full of gas) for $130 at airgas (don't have a tank for exchange). I'm another 3.5 weeks from serving day on the stout, so I'll wait on the gas. I actually found the stout faucet for only $35+7 shipping on ritebrew.com. I think they had two more. I wanted to get it even if I had to wait a few weeks or even months to use it because that's half the price you find them everywhere else.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #3906
dgrums
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunrph
Whew, read them all. Many great ideas. I have about a 15cf chest freezer that will fit 6 cornys without the need for a collar. I'm wanting to do a LSU theme one. Not sure if I should build a coffin, put a collar on it or make one of those PVC bridges for the taps. How well do the PVC bridges work, and would there be a limit to the number of taps one could use on them, as long as the horizontal piece is long enough to accommodate the taps. I've all these ideas swarming in my mind. I also have a Darby Mini fridge at my store that I can jack and make two of them. I have 5 corneys now, all empty.
I did the PVC bridge and cosmetically, I love it. Mitering 3 inch PVC was a little obnoxious but not too bad. I attached a small computer fan to circulate the cold air through the PVC. However, the three cons in terms of functionality are (1) accessing the shanks (I cut an access door in the back and put it on hinges however I have to keep it taped otherwise I lose a LOT of cold air), (2) cutting the shanks/ordering short shanks to clear the 3 inch PVC (cut mine with a hacksaw down to about 1.75". They were used so I didn't feel bad cutting them) and (3) if you don't insulate the PVC bridge well, you'll probably get a lot of condensation on the bridge. I used an old yoga mat on the horizontal and 2 verticals but the corners still condense a lot. Love the look but if I could do it again, I'd save myself the headache, time, money, and loss of cool air and install the shanks in the collar.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:11 PM   #3907
srmcnaughton
Recipes 

Hey everyone,
I've looked through the majority of pages to this thread.
My questions is....

I am looking to build a mini fridge style kegerator but would like to use a wine fridge. Both because I have access to one that will fit two cornys and a 5 pounder, and I like the look of the glass front.
Can I? Over heard that they won't chill down far enough. Mine says it will go down to 45 degrees. It has a condenser like any other mini fridge. Can I modify the thermostat Or replace it to get down to the mid thirtys?

Thanks all!!!!

Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 PM   #3908
poislb
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmcnaughton View Post
Hey everyone,
I've looked through the majority of pages to this thread.
My questions is....

I am looking to build a mini fridge style kegerator but would like to use a wine fridge. Both because I have access to one that will fit two cornys and a 5 pounder, and I like the look of the glass front.
Can I? Over heard that they won't chill down far enough. Mine says it will go down to 45 degrees. It has a condenser like any other mini fridge. Can I modify the thermostat Or replace it to get down to the mid thirtys?

Thanks all!!!!
You will have to buy a temp contol unit, ranco, johnson controls A419 is what I use...

Old 10-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #3909
srmcnaughton
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poislb

You will have to buy a temp contol unit, ranco, johnson controls A419 is what I use...
How does that work? Is it external? Where do I go about getting one?
Many thanks

Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 AM   #3910
fireslayer
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My Sanyo 4912 build with Ranco temperature controller and tower cooler.

imag0151.jpg   imag0152.jpg   imag0154.jpg  

Quick Reply