Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Show us your Kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 01:04 AM   #3891
bambam26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Finished last weekend, wife painted it for me. I still have one more tap to install....

img_0459.jpg   img_0460.jpg   img_0461.jpg  
Old 09-24-2012, 04:27 AM   #3892
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1887 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 2709

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
Very nice NB! Especially like the tap handles. Did you make them?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 04:53 AM   #3893
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1887 Times on 1164 Posts
Likes Given: 2709

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenBrew View Post
Just finished this today! I couldn't be happier.

Oh yes...

Cram them in there!
Nice! I have the exact same drip tray. Mine only has two taps though... Thought I would add a few more but not there yet. Will be soon!

Old 09-24-2012, 03:15 PM   #3894
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1075 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Very nice NB! Especially like the tap handles. Did you make them?
Thanks bro. The handles came from Midwest. They have them in dry erase and chalk board.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #3895
fusa
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Almost completely done with mine. I want to add a grill to the fan that blows air up to the tower. Right now I have a stout on tap with the nitrogen tank next to it. Normally I can fit two 5 gallons kegs inside.

dsc00761.jpg   dsc00763.jpg  

Old 09-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #3896
ArkansasRazorbacks
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I went ahead and pulled the trigger tonight on not only registering to post on HBT, but also to go premium to show my appreciation for this message board. I've spent the last few weeks quietly looking at every single kegerator build, searching out others' questions, as well as finding answers to questions I knew I'd hit and those along the way - JUST to make sure I knew what I was doing before ever getting started. This dream came true when my awesome next door neighbor (who has had a kegerator for quite a while - and I've been quite jealous) sent me some links to HBT showing off the awesome kegerators and keezers this community has built. I'd never known how "possible" it was until this guy moved in next door. So glad he did. The delay was costs. I wasn't sure how I could ever convince SWMBO that it would be a financially worth it. He and his wife were ready for a new larger side-by-side, and I got the text message that changed it all:

"Would you like a fridge [to make a kegerator] for 40 bucks?"

I knew it was in great shape, and they were just having it hauled off otherwise, so YES. PLEASE.

It would take a day or two more for them to get their new fridge, so the wheels in my head were churning... How to decorate this thing??? I'd thought about stickers as others have done. I'd thought about an Arkansas Razorbacks inspired one, etc. I wracked my brain for a day and a half and it hit me: this fridge is black like Guinness (I do realize Guinness is really a deep dark amber color), my favorite beer in the entire world! I then knew exactly what I'd do. I ordered a large vinyl decal from eBay. I ordered a kegerator conversion kit from beverage factory (SO easy to install these things!), and picked up some white engine paint, lumber, etc. I did some hella taping and covering, taping and covering to get the head lines right and avoid overspray. I lightly sanded all the plastic parts and painted them with white plastic paint to ensure proper bonding. Fortunately, the fridge was already quite spacious, so I only had to remove the inner shelves and build a sturdy keg shelf out of a sheet of plywood and some 2"x6" supports. Every door shelf was able to be retained leaving tons of room for bottles of other beers, cans, waters, with even more space for a 12 pack and a pack of water bottles under the keg shelf. I decided not to go with full size tap handles so I could always access the freezer without bumping the faucets wide open. The freezer is stocked with frozen mugs and some meat (as to please the wife). I built the floating drip tray out of about $20 worth of materials from home depot. It's just some red cedar pieces stained with red mahogany stain, a 2"x12" floor heater/AC register painted with black engine enamel and coated a few times with clear coat spray. About 10 hours of work in, and the "Pint o' Guinness kegerator" was born. Currently, I'm running a full keg of Diamond Bear Pale Ale (brewed in Little Rock) on tap, and have an empty cornelius ready for me to brew some Irish stout. I have the ingredient kit and all my equipment, I just need to find the time (and order the extra faucet - waiting until the stout is ready as by then I'm going with two Perlick 525ss's).

Enough jabbering, hope you enjoy...

In the gravity bar (Guinness tour in Dublin, Ireland) - a pilgrimage:

Old 09-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #3897
Hackwood
Recipes 

Liked 63 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 116

WOW!! Very nice! I am a bit jealous. My build is on the back-burner, but some day I'll get it.

Fermenting - Nothing.
Lagering - Nothing.
Secondary - Nothing.
Bottle-aging -Chocolate Stout, Lite Citra Ale and a Citra SmAsH.
In the Fridge - New Castle Brown Ale, Chimay and Milk Stout.

Old 09-28-2012, 03:53 PM   #3898
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1075 Times on 783 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasRazorbacks View Post

Enough jabbering, hope you enjoy...

In the gravity bar (Guinness tour in Dublin, Ireland) - a pilgrimage:
Very nice!

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #3899
AKnewbrews
Recipes 

Here's my new kegerator build. Been planning it all summer long. It's a 1968 Kelvinator that used to be 70's green. So far I have it painted with an alabaster stone textured paint, an Alaskan diamond willow for a handle, a Love TSS2 for a temp controller and a motion sensor to turn on some waterproof LED strip lights. Also some heavy duty swivel caster wheels for ease of movement. Just got the TSS2 working last night.

I don't have the lights mounted yet. They are going to mount on the under side of a 3/8" thick HDPE divider that will slide into the upper plastic slides just under the ice box. I am also going to make a 1/2" thick HDPE shelf on the bottom for 4 kegs.

My plan is to have the divider (insulated if needed) keep it colder in the top of the fridge and a fan to circulate as needed from the top portion to the bottom. Not sure how convection is going to play into this, so I am going to just slide the divider in and test without a fan to see how the temps swing from the upper and lower sections. The shelving is going to extend all the way out to the door when the door is closed so that it will completely divide the upper and lower sections as well as be able to hold 4 kegs.

I have some stainless Perlick 525 faucets and stainless shanks on the way. Not sure what I want to do for a drip tray yet.

I was able to use the original wiring from the thermostat and light wiring to get my Line and Neutral supply for the TSS2 as well as power the fridge motor. I have an outlet mounted under the fridge that has the 12 volt power adapter plugged in it to power the 12 volt LED lights. I am using the motion sensor to supply power to the outlet box underneath to control the lights.

Hopefully I can keep this as clean as possible with the wiring and hoses.

I plan on using some TSS2 programming used on some side-by-side fridge conversions here on the forum.

https://picasaweb.google.com/105829135153783175240/Kegerator?authkey=Gv1sRgCMWwgcyR9ufhQw#57942164606 10549234

Bottled: Pomegranate Orange Witbier, Yule Gruit, English ESB, 7 Grain Black Chocolate Stout, Oaked Bourbon Vanilla Imperial Porter

Old 10-02-2012, 11:06 PM   #3900
fbaillargeon
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default Mine

Quick Reply