Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Show us your Kegerator
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2012, 03:35 AM   #3391
Toymaker
Arrgh!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Toymaker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Posts: 140
Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewin06111 View Post
Wow... that is fantastic... nicely done
Thank you!
I just wanted something different..I happy with the way it has turned out so far. I've been trying to come up with some cool ideas for tap handles. I was thinking about cutlass sword handles or blunderbuss pistols or something.
__________________

Cheers,
Gary

Toymaker is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #3392
G-Hog
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Durham, NC
Posts: 333
Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Default

Was just wondering if anybody on the forum has used of these stainless films on their keezer?

http://www.stainlesssteelfilm.com/

http://www.fauxsteel.com/

I think I could talk the wife into keeping it in the kitchen/family room area if it fit in with the rest of the applicances.

__________________
G-Hog is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 01:31 AM   #3393
Toymaker
Arrgh!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Toymaker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Posts: 140
Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Hog View Post
Was just wondering if anybody on the forum has used of these stainless films on their keezer?

http://www.stainlesssteelfilm.com/

http://www.fauxsteel.com/

I think I could talk the wife into keeping it in the kitchen/family room area if it fit in with the rest of the applicances.
I noticed this in the description. It sounds really thin and fragile. I'd order the trial size piece first and try it on something first.
"Will stick to a textured refrigerator, but some of the texture "may" show through. Order a sample first to test."
__________________

Cheers,
Gary

Toymaker is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 01:51 AM   #3394
masonsjax
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
masonsjax's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 2,331
Liked 336 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 339

Default

It probably looks ok from a distance, but I'd be surprised if it looks legit up close.

__________________
masonsjax is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 01:58 AM   #3395
Beernip
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Oregon.. Go Beavs!
Posts: 589
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
Thank you!
I just wanted something different..I happy with the way it has turned out so far. I've been trying to come up with some cool ideas for tap handles. I was thinking about cutlass sword handles or blunderbuss pistols or something.
Skull and crossbones
__________________
Beernip is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #3396
D-MOTITAN
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
D-MOTITAN's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: East County, Nor Cal
Posts: 205
Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Dan's Kegergator

thought I would post mine, so there.

copy-content___media_external_images_media_31.jpg  
__________________

unta gleeben glouten globen.......Def Leopard

D-MOTITAN is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 03:27 AM   #3397
cwilliamsccn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: bay area, ca
Posts: 156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-MOTITAN
thought I would post mine, so there.
Is that a putty knife tray? Think I'm inspired to make a new drip tray!
__________________
cwilliamsccn is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2012, 04:12 AM   #3398
masonsjax
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
masonsjax's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 2,331
Liked 336 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 339

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
Thank you!
I just wanted something different..I happy with the way it has turned out so far. I've been trying to come up with some cool ideas for tap handles. I was thinking about cutlass sword handles or blunderbuss pistols or something.
I had sketched up ideas for my first keezer similar to what you did. My final design ended up much less pirate like, but I did a lot of digging through pictures online of wooden chests. I was thinking of using some wrought iron fence post finials as tap handles, or wooden handles wrapped in rope. Maybe make a handle that looks like a rolled up treasure map. A bottle with a note inside. A parrot. Stack of doubloons or gold coins. Stick of dynamite. How about making handles with sails on them, and ropes loosely stranded between them as if they were masts of a pirate ship. You could fly the jolly Roger from your middle tap.
__________________
masonsjax is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #3399
Toymaker
Arrgh!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Toymaker's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Posts: 140
Liked 17 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsjax View Post
I had sketched up ideas for my first keezer similar to what you did. My final design ended up much less pirate like, but I did a lot of digging through pictures online of wooden chests. I was thinking of using some wrought iron fence post finials as tap handles, or wooden handles wrapped in rope. Maybe make a handle that looks like a rolled up treasure map. A bottle with a note inside. A parrot. Stack of doubloons or gold coins. Stick of dynamite. How about making handles with sails on them, and ropes loosely stranded between them as if they were masts of a pirate ship. You could fly the jolly Roger from your middle tap.
Nice tap handle ideas!
__________________

Cheers,
Gary

Toymaker is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #3400
Jeebas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
Jeebas's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Posts: 470
Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeebas View Post
After 8 months of planning and working here is my keezer!



The lid and backsplash still need to be tiled (coincidentally I have the same glass mosaic tile that ttumotion used on his) and some corner trim needs to be applied, along with various other odds and ends, but it pours beer!

Thanks to everyone who shared their build process on this forum and anyone who answered questions (mine and others)!

My build thread is here and also please check out the Coffin Keezer List
Here it is tiled!!!

__________________
Jeebas is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Show me yours. Orfy All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 19 03-28-2011 02:56 AM
Convert Conventional Kegerator to Cornelius Kegerator aschafer324 Bottling/Kegging 3 07-23-2009 11:12 PM
Ease of Going from Sanke Kegerator to Homebrew Kegerator polamalu43 Bottling/Kegging 6 04-28-2008 11:52 PM



Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS