Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Show us your Kegerator

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #3071
runningweird
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 47

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who posted here, even though my build ended up not being a keezer I got so much inspiration from all of your designs and builds that my mental wheels were constantly spinning.

The creativity and ingenuity involved with some of these contraptions is enough to boggle me, not to mention the willingness to throw caution to the wind and drill through random walls and doors.

Thanks again!

Cheers, Ian

My 6 Tap Long Draw Tower Build:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/long...-tower-271578/

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #3072
runningweird
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 87 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by John0228 View Post
Finally painted the base of the kegerator with the flat black magnetic chalkboard paint and got the drip trays.

Still needs a few more coats of paint to be more magnetic.
Quite nice, The top is what I wanted to do with my keezer, but went a different route. I love the staining and the flat black. Well done.

My 6 Tap Long Draw Tower Build:
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/long...-tower-271578/

Old 10-17-2011, 03:37 AM   #3073
Ranger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hello All

Let me first thank ALL of you for the amazing keezer ideas that everyone has shared. Many elements from the weeks of lurking on HBT have found their way onto my new toy, and I owe this forum a huge thanks!

Went with the Kenmore 8.8. Couldnt manage to keep it simple either, as is a common problem of mine. However, I'm sure the folks over at Visa arent complaining. Thanks again for all the wonderful ideas that kicked off 3 weeks of obsessive insomnia!

2011-10-16_19-14-46_310.jpg   2011-10-16_19-15-29_338.jpg   2011-09-29_14-54-43_992.jpg   2011-09-29_14-57-01_83.jpg   2011-10-04_18-11-06_847.jpg  

Old 10-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #3074
mccumath
Recipes 

Liked 198 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 2

That looks amazing!

Old 10-17-2011, 04:25 AM   #3075
ThatOneGuy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quite the first post ranger. One of the slickest looking builds I have seen. I like the tile and hanging beer indicators.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:38 AM   #3076
Ranger
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Quite the first post ranger. One of the slickest looking builds I have seen. I like the tile and hanging beer indicators.

Thanks! Thats nice to hear considering the other excellent builds that came before me. The tile was a pretty risky undertaking as I had zero experience laying it. I used about 32oz of Parks Super Coat to lay down a nice thick 1/8" layer of clear epoxy over the tile. Definitely will keep the stout out of the grout.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:23 AM   #3077
Chuginator
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Very nice, Ranger! VERY sanitary! I like the illumination. That'll come in handy for when the rest of the lights in the house are off and you feel you have to have just ONE MORE stout! A beer beacon.

Old 10-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #3078
Tom2365
Recipes 

Hi,

Looking for a fridge for my cornie keg and the Sanyo 4912 seems to be the one. If I can't find one of those, what are the other options? Is there a list somewhere on the forum of suitable fridges? I'm looking for a small fridge, not a full size one. Thanks!

Old 10-17-2011, 03:03 PM   #3079
chapa
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2365
Hi,

Looking for a fridge for my cornie keg and the Sanyo 4912 seems to be the one. If I can't find one of those, what are the other options? Is there a list somewhere on the forum of suitable fridges? I'm looking for a small fridge, not a full size one. Thanks!
I'd suggest looking on craigslist, you can usually pick one up for free, or maybe $50-100. I got a $500 15 cu ft chest freezer for $90! Otherwise you can get one brand new from home dept or lowes for a few hundred bucks.

Chest freezers tend to have a little more room in them, so I would definitely consider going that route, so you can always expand your setup, but with a chest freezer, you just have to get a temp controller to keep it above freezing, and at serving temps, which will run you another $50(but do some research on that, because there are some other options you may consider for temp control, that may save you a few bucks). Theres also a thread on here called "sizing your chest freezer", that shows different models and how many kegs they fit. See if you can find it doing a search, otherwise I can link it on here later. Good luck.
Bottled/Kegged: Red Rye IPA, Wesside Trip(Westmalle Tripel clone), ESB, Lil Trap (4% Trappist Starter Batch), Robust (Pumpkin) Porter, 3% Little Hopper, "Slick Rick" Old Engine Oil Clone(oaked w/ vanilla and balvenie scotch), Imperial RyePA,
On Deck: Quad, Belgian IPA, Orfy's Mild, Scotch Ale

Old 10-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #3080
Tom2365
Recipes 

Thanks. I've checked craigslist and nothing so far. Are there any others commonly known to work? Most mini-fridges that appear tall enough have a freezer, which is a difficult thing to remove without destroying the entire fridge, I'm told.

Quick Reply