Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Should there be a sign of fermentation?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
Edmond Dantes
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Should there be a sign of fermentation?

I bottled three days ago and have not noticed any signs of fermentation as of yet, is this normal or should i be worried?

Sorry to ask such a lame question but i can not find the answer in any of my books. I double checked everything I did and believe that I made no mistakes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Gahh!! Bertuccio how many times do I have to tell you don't rock the boat! This isn't an IPA we're hauling, my brown ale is very sensitive.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #2
El Pistolero

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 3

You shouldn't see any sign of fermentation in the bottle, other than a little sediment on the bottom eventually.

[/I] Up Next - Hobgoblin
After That - Czech Pilsner
Primary - Humboldt Hop Rod (4/24)
Primary - NOT Wheat AG SNCA (5/5)
Secondary -
Conditioning - SNCA Clone (3/3),

Old 01-21-2006, 06:08 PM   #3
Edmond Dantes
Recipes 

OH THANK GOD!!

Thank you so much E.P. I was freaking out. I'd still drink it but flat beer is not my fav lol.

Thank you.

Gahh!! Bertuccio how many times do I have to tell you don't rock the boat! This isn't an IPA we're hauling, my brown ale is very sensitive.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:11 PM   #4
DeRoux's Broux

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

nope, EP's right. you won't see any activity in the bottle. just let her ride for 2-3 weeks and give it a sample.

and no lame questions here, so no worries!

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Old 01-22-2006, 08:02 PM   #5
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

As has been mentioned in several threads, fill a 1 liter plastic bottle & screw the cap on tight. Squeezing it will give you an idea of the carbonation level in the bottles.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 01-22-2006, 11:27 PM   #6
Pilsner Pete
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42
As has been mentioned in several threads, fill a 1 liter plastic bottle & screw the cap on tight. Squeezing it will give you an idea of the carbonation level in the bottles.
I'm new, but yes the plastic bottle is a good idea. I started with a kit that came with 6 brown plastic 16 oz bottles. With a bottling in to glass, one of the plastics ends up as a test bottle to squeeze for pressure.

I've a folder of Bookmarks on 'what to do when you brew' since it seems like there are a lot of variations on the theme out there. But, I must say that this site has been by far the best on answering questions and providing the information that someone needs. I've experienced some of the same panics that others have listed but found reassurance that things are OK (so far!). Thank you.

Quick Reply