Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Shipping Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2005, 01:37 PM   #21
DeRoux's Broux
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

i think so? i had a clone at my local HBS one time, and it was good. just don't think i'd want 5 gallons of it? seems like it would go good w/ BBQ.....

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2005, 12:15 AM   #22
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
yup... those should work great. I've got a half dozen of them in the garage that I kept after me moved, and I'm packing one of them up tonight with a few bottles and sending it to Cheesefood.

-walker
Sweet! I'll send yours out soon as well. I'm drinking Voodoo's ale tonight, I'll drink Walker's next week. Then I get to try my Wit. (I might actually try a Wit tonight since it's ben bottled just about a week).
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 12-02-2005, 01:54 PM   #23
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesefood
Sweet! I'll send yours out soon as well. I'm drinking Voodoo's ale tonight, I'll drink Walker's next week. Then I get to try my Wit. (I might actually try a Wit tonight since it's ben bottled just about a week).
Hey, Cheesey...

I'm actually sending you 4 bottles; IPA, Stout, Pandora, and Gruagach. The first two can be consumed immediately, but the last two have only been bottled for about a week, so you'll have to let them condition for another couple of weeks before popping them open.

I have no idea what that IPA is going to taste like at this point. Excluding the three bottles I have reserved for you and a couple friends in Cincinnati, I've been out of it for a few weeks and haven't had one myself in a while.

The stout tastes great (IMO) and has a nice head if you pour it right, but the head doesn't stick around long enough for me (need some wheat or more carapils). The brew is SO thick (FG@1.028), it feels like it's not well carbonated, so the experience is much better when you drink it with the head in-tact. I suggest pouring half the bottle, drinking, and then pouring the other half to get a fresh head and drinking again.

No idea what the other two will turn out like (tasted good at bottling time), so I hope they are enjoyable.

I'll try to ship everything out this weekend.

-walker

Last edited by Walker; 12-02-2005 at 04:32 PM. Reason: corrected FG of the stout

Old 12-04-2005, 08:34 AM   #24
Nashbrew
Recipes 

I moved here from Anchorage, Alaska. I know what you mean. I made the mistake of packing some clothes in an old vodka case cardboard box going to Barrow, it was stopped and searched of course.

Primary: German Altbier Style
Bottled: German Oktoberfest
Bottled: Red Ale
Drinking: NONE
Up Next: ?

Quick Reply