Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sediment on the in "sides" of my bottles

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
2funkids
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Sediment on the in "sides" of my bottles

I poured 3/4 of a bottle of English ale that has been aging for 6-8 weeks and it had a ton of particles floating around in it. The bottles have been in the closet and last week I carefully put two in the refrigerator and opened one tonight. After seeing the particles in my glass I took the other bottle and held it up to a light. The bottle had a lot of sediment on the sides and when I spun the bottle the sediments sheared off of the sides and appeared to quickly fall to the bottom. As I sit here drinking the bottom of my first glass I can see the sediment and it looks like it all fell to the bottom. Is it normal to have sediment collect on the sides like this? Perhaps what I need to do is spin them all before I put them in the refrigerator? Anyone have this same issue? I guess it's harmless yeast..I hope. It's very good by the way!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 01:33 AM   #2
jaba
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Its fine. I get this often, and as you said, all you need to do is spin the bottles and let them sit for a day or so, and it will all just fall to the bottom. Just a little yeast sediment, nothing bad.

Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 AM   #3
DrinksWellWithOthers
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I've had it happen in bottles and carboys before. It's almost like a static cling or something.

Quick Reply