Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sediment in bottle conditioned

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2006, 06:35 PM   #1
Brewing Clamper
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Sediment in bottle conditioned

Hey guys, I know that when you bottle-condition your beer, you get sediment at the bottom. Well I had some HB from an aquaintance that had very little if any sediment in his bottles and it was very fine. Yet when I bottle, there's usually quite a bit of it and it seems almost chunky... well small chunks... Any ideas?

--Omar

4 Ohms Aleworks & Lagers | Twitter | Facebook | Blog |

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
Ol' Grog
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Do you rack to a secondary and then bottle? Or primary then bottle? I know that makes a difference. Could also be when your racking that you might have your rack cane too far down into the batch to where the trub layer is. I think there are some finings or other stuff that you can add to your brew to clarify it up. However from what I understand, it's only cosmetic. It doesn't hurt a thing.

Old 10-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #3
sonvolt
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts

This variance is also a product of the yeast strain itself. Different yeasts will look differently in the bottom of the bottle.

Quick Reply