Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Secure false bottom to fridge floor

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #1
stevea1210
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Secure false bottom to fridge floor

I am working on my kegarator (fridge conversion). It will hold up to 6 kegs in it if I build a quick shelf to level out where the back of the fridge floor slopes. I know this is commonly done.

My question is how do you recommend securing that to the bottom of the fridge? First thought would simply screw it in. My concern would be hitting a line with a screw. Is there a way I can tell if there are lines running on the floor and walls of the fridge?

Have any of you heard of alternate ways of securing it that takes hitting a line out of the equation?

thanks as always...

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel. - Homer Jay Simpson

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
Boar Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

I do not know where it is but some where someone knows how to look for the lines. I ahve seen it in HB but cant find it. You put some chemical on the floor and when you run the fridge it marks out he lines or something like that

Keep asking.

I used a plywood base and sheet rock screws but did not drill any holes

Old 09-19-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
Zymurgrafi

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

gravity.

Seriously, that is all the is holding mine in place. I have a piece of hardwood ply with 2x4's for a frame of legs in front. The bag sits on the compressor hump. Holds 6 full kegs.

sláinte!

Bristle Bros. Brewing

Old 09-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #4
edernest
Recipes 

Default checking for lines

I've read that you can find lines by making a cornstarch/vodka mixture into a thin paste. brush it liberally onto the area where you are planning to drill and run the fridge on max for a while. The idea is that the mixture will dry faster in the areas where the lines run, where they get hot. This might not work well if the inside of your fridge is white, I would imagine.

What about liquid nails or construction adhesive?

Quick Reply