Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Secondary Regulators and other Q's

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #1
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 912 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Secondary Regulators and other Q's

Well, I thought I had done enough research to have finally figured out all the parts involved with kegging.

1. I bought a used Micromatic two-gauge reg and also a 3-gauge secondary bank with the idea that I would create a single 4-output system. I had assumed that the horizontal or left and right ports were the pressure or primary and the vertical or top and bottoms were the secondaries or low pressure. I was set to daisy chain them all when I found that the two-gauge reg's left and right ports were left-hand thread while the 3-reg secondary was right hand.

the 3-gauge system actually had a hose barb on it for an input. Am I supposed to take a hose off the two-gauge reg to supply the 3-gauge secondary bank? Isn't this a potential waste of a low pressure port? If I really need to run a hose between the two regulator units, what would I set that pressure at?

After all this, I'm beginning to think the multi-pressure system is a waste because I'm yet to think of a situation where I'd really need multiple pressures.

2. I was planning to run picnic taps at first before I figured out what kind of faucets I wanted to invest in. I just recently read that there is no reasonable length of 3/16" beerline you could use to create balanced dispensing with picnic faucets. They said you just have to lower the pressure to 2lbs for serving. Is that true? I was going to use 7' per tap.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply