Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Secondaried in two seperate carboys and only beer from one of the carboys carbed up

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
JHahn
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Secondaried in two seperate carboys and only beer from one of the carboys carbed up

So I made and IPA with an OG of 1.080ish. It fermented fine. I used Wyeast 1272. After fermentation, I split the batch into two separate 3 gallon carboys to try different dry hops. Only the bottles from one carboy have carbonation. They have been in the bottles for close to two months now. That was probably my 10th batch, so I know how to mix the The first one carbed up in about a month. Maybe I didn't get enough yeast into the first carboy when I transfered. What can I do to fix it?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
cbehr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Did you try shaking the bottle a little...sometimes stirring up the yeast/sugar gets it activated a little more. If it is completly dead you could open and drop carb caps in and recap.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply