Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Saving My Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
kevinstan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Saving My Beer

So I have ventured into making beer but so far I am doing it the shortcut way. I have been making beer using EZ-Caps so I am making two 2 liters at a time (1 gal). I am happy with the results but I want to know how to save my beer when its finished. Right now, I have to drink the whole 2 liter once I open it or I loose all my carbonation. It's the same as opening a single beer. It's not going to keep its carbonation forever. I want to be able to bottle this to save some for later but I need some help. I'm not sure where to start. I have a capper and caps / bottles but just opening the finished 2 liter and going to bottles I loose carbonation. Should I use carb tabs in the bottles ? Or is there a better way to do this ? I don't want to keg it, just put it straight in bottles. Please help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
deadfall
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 212

I doubt there is a good answer to this batch. Transfering it your risking oxidation and infection. I just get ready for the next batch and get a capper and some bottles. You could always save the 2 liters for partys and give aways. best of luck.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply