Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sankey Tap & Corny Kegs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
mulder11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sankey Tap & Corny Kegs

I'm picking up the Haier Beer Dispenser from Best Buy this evening and am planning to use a commercial 1/2 keg until I brew my next batch. Because the Haier comes with the Sankey tap system, what would I need to get in order to use both Corny kegs (ball lock) and switch between commercial kegs (Sankey)?

I've looked around but can't seem to find a solution.

Thanks,
Scott

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2006, 07:53 PM   #2
vtfan99
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't have any specifics since I don't know the exact setup of the Haier Beer Dispenser, but Kegman.net has a huge assortment of items that may help you out. Shoot them an email and they should be able to set you up.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:18 PM   #3
kornkob
Resident Crazy Uncle
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This dispenser is a basic 'kegerator' with a Sankey connector to fit common US kegs.

To covert it to ball lock you will need:

2 hose clamps
1 ball lock fitting air side
1 ball lock fitting beer side

Connect to appropriate hoses after removing the Sankey connector.

You may also wish to use quick disconnects for both hoses so that you can easily change from a corney keg setup to a commercial keg setup if you think it might be likely that you'd a) have a big party that you'd rather use commercial beer for or b) loan your kegorator to someone for a party.

I have a jockey box (basically uses an ice chest to cool beer in the line) that I have hooked up so that I can quickly change from Corney to Sankey for that very reason.

Jason 'Kornkob' Robinson

I wanna move to Theory. Everything works in Theory.

Quick Reply