Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Sankey Lines to Cornelius fittings

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
HellInABucket
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Sankey Lines to Cornelius fittings

I am borrowing a friend's extra kegerator that is configured for commercial Sankey type keg taps. Meaning both the gas and liquid lines terminate in the 7/8"-14 female hex fittings that fasten to the Sankey tap.

Most of the "conversion" kits I have found online involve severing these fittings from the lines and installing a smaller fitting that can then be screwed on to the larger Sankey fitting when using a commercial keg is desired. I want to go the opposite way so as not to cut the existing hoses, as they are crimped not clamped. And possible use a male-male junction or a barb to male 7/8" fitting. Do these exist and does anyone see a problem with configuring this solution backwards?

If I owned the system I wouldnt have any problem cutting the lines and installing this kit, but the owner is not a brewer and may not ever have a use for a cornelius setup.

Cheers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
JuanMoore
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3219 Times on 3122 Posts
Likes Given: 18

I don't think what you're looking for exists. There has to be some long combination of fittings to get from one to the other, but the more interior shoulders and more fittings you have, the more issues you're likely to have with CO2 getting knocked out of solution causing foamy pours. I'm not sure why the hesitation to install MFL fittings into your friends lines. It won't change the functionality for him at all.

Yuri rubs it out with 60 grit... wouldn't even feel a tenga egg. -Randar

, place entry ox dixla to suck. Fcxk fwnpoo and passed. Hel an my spupid ass. OK. - TXCrash

Old 08-31-2012, 10:29 PM   #3
JRems
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 9

You will need a double ended shank they are commonly used in jockey boxes, sometimes called a jockey box wall coupling. You can screw the standard beer nut, already on the line, to one side of the shank, on the other side you need a 1/4" tailpeice and beer nut(with washer). Then hook up a few feet of 3/16 beer line to the 1/4" tailpeice and the corny disconnect on the other.
This will cost you at least $20-25 per line( beer and gas) it's much cheaper to cut the line and add flare barbs to the hose. These cost $2 each and then buy him new flare tailpeices so he can hook the sanky back up these fitting are about $5 each. So either spend $50 or $14 to do the same thing with the only difference is cutting off a small peice of line.

Old 09-04-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
HellInABucket
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I guess my original thought, was just an attempt to keep the fridge "as-new", but now realize that I will actually be adding functionality to it by installing the MFL fittings.

Quick Reply