Safe to bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriU

Reaction score
So I brewed a batch of peach cream ale two weeks ago. I was planning on bottling today, but the airlock is still bubbling about once every 3 minutes. Am I safe to bottle this beer or should I wait?

Wait. You pretty obviously still have active fermentation, and you would not want to create bottle bombs, or ruin your beer with excessive carbonation.

Do you have a hydrometer? If you do, take a reading now, and in a few days when your airlock is no longer bubbling, take another reading. That will show you the difference. Now hold onto your second reading, and wait a couple more days, take another. If your two readings match, then you should be safe to bottle.

Hydrometer, airlock means nothing other than excess gas. Mine bubbled for days after it hit the final gravity. Agreed though, get a hydrometer and take readings. Once stable for 3 days in a row, you're done fermenting.

Back