Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > S/S vs. Chrome plated towers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #11
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 42 Posts

Well.. that coud give it that rustic look. If you used the right parts to dress up the faucets and had you keggorater looking like a half buried rusty pickup truck...

I may not be an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express........ 6 months ago.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/dennys-quick-dirty-faq-153729/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Taproom_Facebook_Repository

Last edited by Denny's Evil Concoctions; 06-02-2007 at 10:02 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2007, 04:59 PM   #12
kvh
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys Fine Consumptibles
I have this beautiful old 4" bass tower. The downside is it's a royal pain to keep looking nice.

The cap says "BANNER" and "CHICAGO".

ANyone have any tips for cleaning these things and keeping them shiny?
Polish it up and clear coat it.

My mom, years ago when she worked for a lab, brought home these mysterious and very handsome copper cylinders for me, thinking I should store my paint brushes in them. We buffed them and gave them a coat of clear varnish, they've sparkeled ever since. We later discovered the tubes (with a fitted lid, much like a good cardboard mailing tube but smaller) were used to sterilize pipettes for lab work... back in the day of course.

Of course you'd want to disconnect everything first, but it mght be worth the effort.

On the other hand, I looked closely at the faucets of our local brewpub, The Brewer's Art, and all of their taps were once, years ago, chromed brass. After years of pulls and cleanings, they are all tarnished brass, and still doing fine. They look rather nice actually.

Just a thought.

kvh
Primary Fermentor -

Secondary - Mystery IPA
Secondary -
Bottle Conditioning -
Keg Conditioning -

Draft: - Apfelwein, Belgian-style Dubbel w/ Grains of Paradise
Bottles:(and still in stock): FIRST AG - (I)IPA 4.1.07, PK's Warm Spring Marzen, Summer Cerveza -BANG, PK's Winter Spice II, Espresso Stout, Indiana Pale Ale, PK's Chocolate Bitter II, Porterfield Porter, and New Year's 2006 remnants.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply