New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > RIS in the bottle..carb??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
discgolfin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default RIS in the bottle..carb??

OK,

I plan on making a big RIS at 1.11 OG and 1.014 FG, with a claifornia ale yeast. I searched a bit and I know this yeast will crap out a bit and really have a hard time bottle conditioning. I know what most wil say..KEG IT!! I love bottleing becasue I like to age them this way and sample and give away. I will keg some day. For the time being what do u suggest about making this guy carb?? Will I have any hope..like several weeks of swirling the bottles or will this yeast die??

This is around 13 to 14% ABV

I could pitch a higher gravity yeast but if I can make the California ale yeast get it done. That would be prefered. The tolernace from White labs is high, so 15% range, anyone else go this high and bottle condition with success? I made a barley wine with american ale yeast and it half carbed, but I know with the style they are usually low carb any how.

Jay

Primary: DFH 60 IPA
Secondaty: Blond Ale, Apfelwine, Crandaddy mead
Bottle: Blue moon clone,Kolsch, Eds House Ale, Barley wine, Stone IPA, Oatmeal stout, Hefe,

Drinking: 60 minute IPA, Honkers Ale, Wheat, cherry wheat, Appfelwine,

On Deck: Imperial Stout,

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply