The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Right angle pin or ball lock disconnects...?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #1
cruster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Right angle pin or ball lock disconnects...?

Does such a thing exist?
I inherited a very cool "vintage" Kelvinator kegerator last night. I can just squeeze Corny kegs inside - 3+ a gas bottle, actually - but they're pretty height restricted...got about 1/4" over the top once I slide them in. There's no way the standard quick disconnects are going to fit. I'm hoping I don't have to switch to 3 gallon Cornys.
Thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 899 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 26

You do know that pinlock kegs are shorter right?

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 08-24-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
cruster
Recipes 

I did not - I thought the only difference was the connection. I've got pin lock kegs so I guess I'm after right-angle pin lock disconnects only...

Old 08-24-2007, 07:05 PM   #4
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

I only mentioned it because if you were measuring with ball locks, the pinlock keg would probably fit. Some connectors are a little more low profile than others but only by about 1/2".

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Old 08-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #5
cruster
Recipes 

I appreciate it - I had no idea that there was a difference. I found some "low-profile" pin lock disconnects on eBay and I've got an email into the guy to find out just how long they are.

Something tells me though that I'll be hunting down 3 gallon Cornys.

Still, the Kegerator was free so I come out ahead.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #6
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

I don't know... You might want to start shopping for a chest freezer or Sanyo 4911. 3 gallon cornies are about $60 each if you find a deal.

New Stuff?

Quick Reply