Old 04-05-2012, 03:33 AM   #11
day_trippr
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1217 Times on 986 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummkauf View Post
No I did not....thank you!!!!!!!!!
You're welcome. I would also suspect something is amiss with the diaphragm, either it has a leak or it's not sealing to the body...

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 02:42 AM   #12
dummkauf
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Thanks for the tips. I've tried reseating the diaphragm a few times but no go. I couldn't make it to the LHBS today, but am hoping to make it down there tomorrow. Hoping a new diaphragm will do it. The one in there looks good, but you never know. This is my first time messing with a regulator, but I've seen rubber gaskets on my motorcycles that look perfectly fine too, yet leak oil/air/gas/etc..., and the only fix is a new gasket(even though I can't see anything wrong with the one that's in there), I'm thinking this may be a similar situation.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #13
dummkauf
Recipes 

Ok, picked up the repair kit, and every piece of rubber on the leaky regulator has been replaced.......and it's still leaking

It's also still leaking the exact same way. Bubbles are still being produced in the same spot at about the same rate as before. If I plug the hole with my finger the PSI goes up 1-2 ticks, and I can hear the slight hiss of escaping gas when I remove my finger.

Any other ideas what could be the issue? I'm pretty sure this has been doing it since I bought the regulator 1.5 years ago, but I initially thought the leak was with my hookups, as my first tank of gas lasted about 7 or 8 months....and now they're down to about 2 months. So whatever it is, it's slow, but getting worse.

Old 04-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #14
dummkauf
Recipes 

Well I need to give a shout out to Midwest on this one. Took it down there, over a year past purchase and no receipt, and explained the situation. Was taken in back and had Dale(very friendly guy) pull it apart, inspect everything, put it back together, and it was still leaking. At which point he went and grabbed a brand new housing and replaced the defective housing with a brand new one. Reassembled and no leaks anywhere now!!!

I've never had anything but good service at Midwest, though this is the first time I've ever had to bring back a defective product, I certianly was not expecting a brand new housing. I was thinking my regulator was going to get shipped off somewhere to get repaired at my own expense, but Midwest gladly corrected the situation no questions asked.....I love that place!

Quick Reply