Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Regulator Dial Rattling...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
horric29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Regulator Dial Rattling...

So I've had quite a few issues with my Keg Connection setup so far. I finally finished my Keezer and mounted my regulators to the collar. I hooked up the gas, pressure on the dials rises fine, hooked up the gas line to a keg, opened the valve on the regulator to pressurize a soda keg, and right around 28-30 PSI, the needle starts rattling like wild back and forth. The odd darn thing is that if I close off the valve on the regulator and then reopen it, the rattling stops on the needle and dosn't come back... It's so odd! I'm assuming this isn't normal???

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
djsethall
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Sounds like a loose diaphram. If you are comfortable with working on a regulator (which means you can purchase a new one if you break the old one), I would suggest a rebuild. If you remove the pressure adjustment assembly, you will find a little usually brass screw in the middle of the diaphram. Tighten that down and you should be good to go after reassembling the regulator of course.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply