Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Regulator banging noise... Help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
True_Sycko
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Regulator banging noise... Help

Hello, I just finished building my keezer and hooked up all the equipment I got from Keg Connection. I bought a 3-gauge taprite regulator from them. So I followed the Instructions turning the red knobs counter clockwise to off. Hooked up everything then turned the knob to 10 psi for the first gauge and hooked it up to my keg full of PBW. No problem hear the hiss and all is good. So I decide to try out the other gauge when I run the Star-San through all the lines. This time though, when I release the valve it makes a loud banging type noise. I notice the main gauge for tank pressure it going up and down rapidly. I turn it off. Then open it again and no problem. Whats going on? Is the second regulator broke? I am new to kegging to any help would be great!!!

Thanks,
Mike

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-23-2012, 08:19 PM   #2
carlisle_bob
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

Hi

Where did your CO2 tank come from? Does it have a siphon tube by any chance? If so, you can / will get liquid CO2 into the regulator - not a good thing.

Bob

Old 06-23-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
True_Sycko
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Got the tank from my LHBS. They had a bunch of the same tanks back there. IDK if there is a siphon tube in it. You would think that both gauges would be acting up. And no I never tipped the co2 tank either....

Old 06-24-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
carlisle_bob
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Sycko View Post
Got the tank from my LHBS. They had a bunch of the same tanks back there. IDK if there is a siphon tube in it. You would think that both gauges would be acting up. And no I never tipped the co2 tank either....
Hi

If you got it from a home brew outfit it's unlikely it's got a siphon tube in it. With a tube you will get liquid if you pull a lot of "stuff" and gas if you pull a little. You might be moving far more volume through the second regulator.

The other possibility is water / ice / guck in the line to the second regulator. Past that the obvious one is "it's broke".

I'd email Keg Connection. You should get an email back from Nanette within a day or so with their advice.

Bob

Old 06-25-2012, 05:35 PM   #5
True_Sycko
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlisle_bob View Post
Hi

If you got it from a home brew outfit it's unlikely it's got a siphon tube in it. With a tube you will get liquid if you pull a lot of "stuff" and gas if you pull a little. You might be moving far more volume through the second regulator.

The other possibility is water / ice / guck in the line to the second regulator. Past that the obvious one is "it's broke".

I'd email Keg Connection. You should get an email back from Nanette within a day or so with their advice.

Bob

Thnaks Bob for the help. I just emailed them. Hopefully its a quick/easy fix!

Quick Reply