Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Reconditioning Kegs - Tip

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 05:22 PM   #1
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 263 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Reconditioning Kegs - Tip

I bought a bunch of used Cornies and some of them have what looks to be rust on them (strange since they are supposed to be stainless). When I would remove the posts, the threaded inlets would be stained & look rusted.

I picked up some Liquid Bar Keepers Friend at the local grocery store. This stuff rocks for removing these stains. I just shaked the bottle and covered the stain with this liquid and let sit for a couple hours. Most wiped away and the rest took just a little bit of elbow grease. This stuff get's 5 stars in my book.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 974 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I'd also recommend a brass or stainless small wirebrush. It helps on the threads of the posts. Don't use steel.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply