Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Recommended minifridge for kegerator?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
BuzzCraft
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by macabra11 View Post
Would a 10# CO2 tank fit on the hump of this freezer (Magic Chef 7.2)? My freezer blew and I have a tower system (no collar) and I want to fit 4 cornys and a 10# CO2 tank inside a freezer. Will the Magic chef 7.2 work for that?

10# won't sit on the hump without a collar. It's 18.5" from the top of the hump to surface where the lid gasket sits. You have about another 1/2" of clearance above that (due to gasket thickness), but clearly not enough for a 10#er.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #12
Arkador
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzCraft View Post
10# won't sit on the hump without a collar. It's 18.5" from the top of the hump to surface where the lid gasket sits. You have about another 1/2" of clearance above that (due to gasket thickness), but clearly not enough for a 10#er.
sad but true. with my regulators attached to my 5#, I have less than an inch of clearance with the lid closed.
I bet angled at about 60degrees it would fit. You can bungi it to the fence that seperates the hump from the rest of the freezer.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:37 PM   #13
macabra11
Recipes 

I have decided to pass on this freezer. I went last night to look at one in person and was not impressed by the size. I will be looking at some 8.8 cu ft freezers at Sears either tonight or tomorrow.

- macabra11
B - double E - double R - U - N

Old 06-09-2009, 10:46 PM   #14
dave73ok
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybrew View Post
This is exactly the model I used and it works great! I got it from Walmart.com you can get it delivered to the nearest store for free or have it shipped to your home. I had it shipped to my home because shipping was $0.97 for me because of how close I am to the walmart distro center.
I ordered mine Sunday night, and it arrived today. $20 shipping. I am pleased. I can get working on the door while I wait for my tower to arrive. Borrowed a 2.5" drill saw bit from work, so I should be able to knock this out pretty quickly.

Quick Reply