Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > question from kegging noob

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
bluehouse
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default question from kegging noob

Ok so I got my first corny off craigslist. It looks clean and intact as far as I can tell. I have been reading lots of links from the sticky's and other internet sites I still have questions. Anyone know of a good primer for a totaly new person to take kegging from begining to end including how to screw on the fittings etc. I know many of you may think that it is obvious but I don't know what additonal parts I need or how to use it at all. Any help is much appreicated.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2009, 08:13 PM   #2
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2771 Times on 2720 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Just look above you
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/stic...ng-faqs-43347/

The stickies are a wealth of beginner knowledge as is the search feature

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 02-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #3
TexasStu
Recipes 

Yep! +1. A wealth of info in the stickies! Definately worth opening new windows/tabs on each. You personal needs will differ from some. Kegerators often have different configurations than keezers, etc. and you'll use different 'ingredients' depending on your own setup. I'm going through my own learning curve as well (as many others I am sure!).
For me, I focused on my personal desires (based primarily on consumption rates, space requirements, ease of use along with time consumption (and a few more). For others monetary would be the top consideration (which kills most getting into kegging IMHO).
I decided on getting the wife a new upright (after finding no decent used chest freezers within 50 miles) and converted our old freezer (seen here) to fit 4 cornies on floor and 20# tank and triple body reg. unit on shelf/hump.
My intention is to have 4 faucets with low energy waste, enough cornies to always have a choice to replace empties in the keezer, enough reg. to provide 1 pressure to up to 3 kegs, a separate pressure for a diff. keg and another reg. dedicated to expansion or soda or for 'burst carbing'. I'll rack from primaries to keg for 'secondary conditioning'/storage and depending on my needs I will burst carb or nat. CO2 carb for a couple weeks in the keezer.

Owner/Operator of Stupour Brewing

Primary 1: Empty
Primary 2: Coopers Australian Pale Ale
Secondary Keg (room temp.):
Kegged:
Bottled: AHS Blue Moon Belgian White
On Deck: "Cascading Coopers Pale Ale"
& All-In! Winner's Choice Pale Ale.
2009 Total gallons = 53

Quick Reply