*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Quality Sanke Coupler?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #1
bduane
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Quality Sanke Coupler?

It has been a long time since I've hooked up a sanke keg, and the coupler that came with my kegerator is a bit cheap and nasty now because i didn't take care of it properly.

Any recommendations for a good quality stainless Sanke coupler? Ideally one that is easy to clean and replace seals as necessary.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
zachattack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 125

I think they're pretty much all going to be the same in terms of ease of disassembly, seals, etc. I bought an all stainless model from Keg Connection for a decent price.

Make sure you clean it well every once in a while. I like to remove the beer nuts / MFL fittings and gaskets, put the coupler in the "open" position and put in a bowl of hot PBW solution for an hour or two, then rinse really well and put in a bowl of very hot water for another hour or two to make sure it's completely rinsed out. Then reassemble and make sure to hit the main gasket/seal with keg lube.

Should last a long damn time if you maintain it! I like to spray Star San through it and re-lube the main seal every time I tap a keg. I think lubing that seal will make it last a lot longer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply