New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > purchasing corny kegs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #21
Slipgate
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I would say those are dangerous to use. I very seriously doubt they are good to the rated psi anymore (150?). Also it looks like the patch is rusting. Did they weld with SS or regular steel? You need to get replacements for those! Never should have been sent to anyone. My guess is they will give you replacements and then give these to someone else.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #22
jolsen
Recipes 

Well I have gotten word that they will send me a new tracking id tomorrow. So my guess is that they are sending me 2 replacements. They have told me that any kegs that they have in that kind of shape are to be striped down and scraped so that no one can cause themselves harm.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:16 AM   #23
Chaserb31
Recipes 

Well that's good to hear. GOOD LUCK

Old 09-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #24
Sublimis
Recipes 

Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolsen View Post
Well I have gotten word that they will send me a new tracking id tomorrow. So my guess is that they are sending me 2 replacements. They have told me that any kegs that they have in that kind of shape are to be striped down and scraped so that no one can cause themselves harm.
Awesome! Let us know.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
OntarioBeerKegs
www.OntarioBeerKegs.com
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Eek I did not like finding this thread! This was us and this is a unfortunate side effect of running a business. I did respond promptly to the emails (It was a weekend and I did respond on a Saturday and Sunday) and had the labels out earlier today. The below email we sent this gentleman should explain what happened:

'Afternoon (privacy edit). Our current kegs are bought already cleaned and pressure tested. When your order came through the relief valve would have been tugged to make sure still pressure and tossed in a box to ship. If anyone had known they were in that condition there is no way in hell they would have shipped. In that state they would have been removed of good parts and put in the stainless bin to sell for scrap at a later date.

When we get kegs that still need washed and tested anything with a hole gets tossed out as well. Loose handles get sold at discounted prices to folks who pop in and ask for some. We have never reworked one.

Your experience was indeed unfortunate and we are sorry that was your impression with us. Replacements have been posted. I do not want the junk ones back. They would however make excellent grain bins or spare parts for you. Sorry for the inconvience of requesting pictures but we do need to do some diligence to understand issues. Those pictures have been forwarded to the supplier that stack of kegs came from."

In conclusion it was just something new to us. We never had the need to look for rework before. We spent the morning inspecting the skids from that supplier and have rejected anything questionable.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 PM   #26
jolsen
Recipes 

Well I just got home from work and looks like everyone knows how things made out. I did have confidence in Ontario beer kegs, and still do, which is why I gave them my business and gave them an opportunity to look into things and respond. I do understand mistakes happen in everything, its all about how you deal with mistakes and even though it was a weekend, after their hours, they take the time to go through emails and make sure their customers are happy. To conclude, I definitely will continue to deal with Ontario beer kegs and will continue to tell my fellow brewers out here to seriously consider purchasing through them.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:14 PM   #27
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 3863 Times on 2824 Posts
Likes Given: 646

Good to hear that this is resolving so well. Ontariobeerkegs didn't have to step up and admit it was them, but the fact that they did, and explained and then apologized, and made it up to you gives me a very good impression of them!

Old 09-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #28
jolsen
Recipes 

Yes I agree, I didn't want to even include their name at all, as long as things we're made better. As I said in the previous post, I sure wouldn't hesitate to use them again they showed class with how they dealt with an honest mistake.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:29 PM   #29
jolsen
Recipes 

And it is true, as they said in their post they had issued a response, an apology and made things better before they had noticed this thread. Just how any good business should...

Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 PM   #30
annasdadhockey
Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Bravo OntarioBeerKegs. Customer service is what it is all about, no matter what you're selling. And kudos to you, jolsen, for not coming on here and ripping them, but instead allowing them to make it right. Gotta love a happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc View Post
Things are going great too. I think I've only punched her in the face 3 times!
FERMENTING: Heady Topper Clone?
CONDITIONING: 40 gallons KBS clone in a Jim Beam Barrel (since 11/24/12)
DRINKING: Smoked Robust Porter, Orange Coriander Pale Ale #5
THINKING: first foray into lagers?

Quick Reply