Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Priming possible in a week?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
gotbags-10
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Priming possible in a week?

I have some beer that just got done with fermenting. I'm wondering if it's possible to bottle prime in a week some how? I also have some 5l mini kegs I could fill as well to prime in if it would make a difference. Of course a big gathering of friends in a week that I would like to take some homebrew. If not my only other option would be force carbing using little co2 cartridge.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
ArcaneXor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 91 Times on 84 Posts
Likes Given: 17

If you can, it would be preferable to hook your CO2 injector to a carbonator cap and force carbonate the beer in soda bottles.

10 days is usually sufficient to carb an average-gravity beer naturally in the bottle, assuming you keep the bottles nice and warm. A week is pushing it - the bottles may still be hazy from suspended yeast and the beer may not be fully carbonated at that point.

Kegged: Porter, Scottish 80, Pils, Orange Blossom Mead

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply