The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Priming and Bottling Question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
inturnldemize
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Priming and Bottling Question

So after all the advice from this awesome forum, I decided not to rack to a secondary fermentor. Instead, this is the process I plan to use:

Step 1: Boil and cool my priming sugar, add it to my secondary (or bottling) container. In this case it is my glass carboy.
Step 2: Syphon the beer from my primary fermentor into the carboy and ultimately onto the priming sugar saolution.
Step 3: Stir up the beer a little to properly mix the priming sugar into the beer.
Step 4: Wait 30 minutes, then bottle the brew!

Does this make any sense or am I completely out to lunch here? Any thing that I can improve in my approach?

"Beer fermentation is the most ugly, yet beautiful thing a home brewer can experience." -Me

Please, people, for the love of beer, do not drink your brew out of the bottle. Beer is a beautiful thing and the least it deserves is a clean glass.

Follow A&M Beer Reviews on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/AM-Bee...43042525716025

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
Obliviousbrew
Recipes 

Liked 225 Times on 157 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Well it´s always better to use a bottling bucket than a carboy for bottling or a fermentor with a spigot so you can attach your bottling wand. Another thing that I do instead of shacking the green beer to mix with the priming solution wich can cause a little oxidation is: put my cooled priming solution in my bottling bucket first, then when I´m racking y put the hose rigth by the edge of the bucket making the beer mix with the solution with a gentle whirlpool and making sure that I keep that hose 2 cm below the surface of the beer. I´m sorry about my english I hope this helps.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #3
Kealia
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've never waited for 30 minutes to bottle after batch priming. I've never actually seen that recommended either but I don't read EVERYTHING .

I see no reason to wait.

Quick Reply