Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > priming for bottling question

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
owentp
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default priming for bottling question

Just had my most successful bottling/carbonation with my stout. I used brown sugar. Just wondering what other beers I could us brown sugar in w/o affecting the color?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2751 Times on 1650 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

I find that brown sugar is really relegated to darker beers like stouts and porters, and especially pumpkin ales. Though I guess, you could use light brown sugar for things as well, though I couldn't see it working well with most lighter beer styles, like cream ales, wits, hefes. You want a level of biscuity/breadiness in the beers you want that mollasses note in. Ambers would probably be could....Maybe an ipa would be interesting with it.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply