Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > pouring a glass from keg: beer, foam, beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2010, 09:37 PM   #11
D_Struct
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Faucet "Spitting" Beer

I have a keg of Blonde that's been in my kegerator for a couple of months, and I just recently hooked it back up to pressure, after having the tap occupied over this time.

The same thing that was happening previously is happening again. When I pull the faucet handle, the faucet literally shoots beer out at a high rate, and then slows down, producing a fairly good pour. A little on the foamy side, but nothing too bad. I've got three other kegs going, and they're not having the issue. Could it be something with the QD? I've tried offgassing it and letting it sit, to no avail.

The line length is 8ft, kegerator is at 42F and I'm running 12psi.

On Deck: Still researching
Primary: Empty (Not for long!)
Secondary: Empty
On Tap: Blood Orange Hefeweizen, Cream Ale, Belgian Tripel IPA, Breakfast Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #12
schristian619
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

if the beer in the line has been sitting for a while (a day or more), you should pour and discard the first few ounces. This will remove the warm or flat beer from the line and allow for a clean pour. I do this every time and it works like a charm. If I don't, the first glass is half foam. Over carbing is possible, but I know mine aren't so I would just try this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply