Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Plugging keezer holes for future taps

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
cardwookie
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Plugging keezer holes for future taps

I've seen a picture of a keezer with holes plugged for future expansion. I'm going to build a keezer and I want to drill all the holes for faucets now, but I don't have the money to buy all the faucets now. What can I put in the holes now that will make it look nice while I save up more money?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
Evan
Recipes 

i've ran into the same problem a week ago while building mine. it'll hold 5 kegs, but i want 4 taps...i only have 1 keg/tap right now. i ended up drilling a small 1/8" hole thru. where i wanted each one, then i took my wood boring bit, and for the ones i wasn't going to use right away, i went down to about 1/4" - 3/8" of my wood collar left and stopped. i drilled outside to in, so if it bust out, its on the inside of the keezer. i did plug the small 1/8" hole with some wood glue i had. it maynot look the best but once i have my next tap, its a small mess to clean up and really quick job.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
cheeseshark
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Any particular reason you want to drill all the holes now? Seems like it would be easier to wait. No need for plugging, and if you change your mind about extra taps, you'll have no problem.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:07 PM   #4
joety
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 10

If you don't care what it looks like, stuff them with insulation batting and mask over the hole with tape to seal off any drafts.

Secondaries - Sunday Night Hoppy Pale Ale
Lagering in Kegs - None

Kegged: American Wheat/Rye, Nut Brown Ale, Munich Helles, Belgian Stout, Resurrection Milk Stout, Bourbon County Stout, BLC
Bottled: Oaked Bourbon Porter
Planned: Baltic Porter

Old 03-25-2009, 10:59 PM   #5
Larstram
Recipes 

Try Lowes or HD they have plugs for those accessory holes in kitchen sinks (soap dispencer or spray nosil). This should work for you.

Quick Reply