Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Plastic Taste in Your Beer Lines??

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
BillyBeer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Plastic Taste in Your Beer Lines??

If you are having taste issuse with your beer lines as I have and are looking for a good replacement try better bottle direct.

I contacted them looking for their PET lined tubing and they said they would sell direclty to me at .45 per foot!!

If you haven't looked around that is a truely awsome price for PET lined tubing.

I contact over a dozen places trying to find a source for PET lined tubing and everyone of them was asking for a min. order of 500 to 2000 feet.

The only draw back is that better bottle only makes 1/4 inch tubing so I will have to run longer lines that I was but it is worth it to not have to pour out the first once or two on every pour.

I realize this has been talked about before but I some how missed it and spent time and money on bad tubing so I am hoping to save someone else the trouble.

Here is a link to a great link with go info on this subject: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/beer...c-taste-60380/

Cheers

Primary: Empty
Red Chair NWPA, Dim Wit

Secondary: Empty

Keg: RedShift IPA, Bootstrap IPA, Dos Equis, Albino Pale Ale, Total Domination Clone, Rye IPA, Grant's Perfect Porter, Cascadian Dark Ale, IIPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #2
Scut_Monkey
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

How long of line are you running at say the average 10-12psi? I'm looking to get some lined tubing but I don't want to run 15-20 feet of it for each keg. Thanks.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
mordantly
Recipes 

Location: Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

mcmaster-carr has all sorts of pvc tubing. i use it for everything. mine nsf-51, can be autoclaved, and 175F continous rated for food/dairy.

Quick Reply