Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Perlick SS 3 tap tower

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
luismatalon
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Perlick SS 3 tap tower

Got a nice 3 tap tower as a gift...but I need to change out the lines for longer (calibrated) lines w/ ball lock connections.
I don't have a faucet wrench that (after some tinkering) I realized I absolutely need.
I haven't found good info on the web, so I thought I'd ask for advice here.
Are there any tips for taking apart and reinstalling the shanks? I am assuming that once I get my faucet wrench, I can: remove gooseneck, install lines, and put gooseneck back...all without having to perform some voodoo ritual to shrink my hands

thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
Psych
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Do you mean you're stuck not able to remove the faucet ring on the outside of the tower, per faucet? Or you're stuck removing the brass 1 1/16th shank nut on the back of the faucet, inside the tower?

The former I think you could wrap your faucet ring in a cloth and gently use pliers, but technically you don't need to remove the faucet from the shank to install new lines.

For the latter, I followed some advice I found here and used a dremel with a cut off wheel to cut a half inch section (maybe more) out of a a wrench, the kind with the round end...I'm giving that a terrible description unfortunately. Not the open ended regular wrench, but the almost socket like end.

Cut out a section and you can slide the now "c" shaped wrench end around the lines and over the nut, bob's your uncle.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply